AHHH i fucked up my light timer!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Spartan420, Feb 18, 2010.

1. So i must have bumped into my light timer that controls my 600watt HPS lights. So i must have knocked one of the tabs on the timer in, so basically this is what the timer was doing. btw, im about 18days into flowering. So the lights would come on for 12 hrs, then off for 11hrs, then on for 30min, then off 30min, then on 12hrs. so basically i knocked one of the 30min incriments on the timer to the on setting accidently. It may have been like this for a while...but im almost certain it was more like the last 2 days. do you think i will have any problems??? im totally worried, this is my first grow, and its going amazingly well, i hope i didnt just fuck them up. son of a bitch im pissed!

2. You should be alright man, that is a fucked up cycle though, do you notice any differences? unless you started a new odd growth i doubt it was anything more to them than a bit of stress, the worst that might happen is some premature seeds

3. okay good! phhew. didnt notice any wierd growth at least i dont think so. The sativas look fine, but actually some of the indicas now may have some weird growth on the tops, idk tho.... ill post pics later tonight.

4. are these seeds forming? did this plant turn hermie from the mishap with my light? this looks to be the only plant that was affected. Looks like lil seed pods, with pistils shooting out of it. idk, i never seen a male plant before. The plant is forming buds tho. Can a hermie plant pollinate a female ?

Attached Files:

5. Those aren't seeds

6. You gotta calm down my friend, relax and keep it cool :cool:

Anyways, the messed up schedule might cause a hermie to show up, but if you don't notice anything different, don't fret. That's the only thing I would be concerned about. Just keep an eye out for "balls." Look up "male cannabis" on google images and they will provide you enough images to differentiate your females to hermies. A hermie plant can pollinate a female and herself as well. There is hermie stop hormones out there but if you feel like the labor is worth it you could also continuously cut the "balls" off and growth will continue as normal provided you make sure no pollen sacks open.

Seeds don't just happen out of nowhere, so they aren't seeds. In order to get seeds you need to first see pollen sacks that opened up. The picture is a little too blurry for me to help you identify it, but it doesn't look like pollen sacks to me.