Ahhh help!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by TheAntidote, Jun 27, 2008.

1. UPDATE --
    I just examined it with a 30x microscope and found no bugs. I noticed a few other things, the brown spots and holes are very small, they almost look like someone poked them with a pin. Some leaves will look like they've been eaten all around the edges where other leaves look perfectly healthy. Some of the leaves only have like one hole. Also I smoke quite a bit of weed in the room with these plants, could that have any effect on them? Last night I smoked two swisher sweets completely emptied and filled with weed in the room with no ventilation.

I've noticed this problem for a little over a week now. I wasn't sure what it was and I've done hours of research on the internet to figure out what my problem could be but nothing seems to match up with what I have.

Sorry I know pics would really be helpful but I lost my digital camera.

I first noticed the newer growth was kind of odd looking almost what it would look like if it had touched a really hot light at the tips and the leaves are kind of deformed but I have no hot lights for them to touch and they were no where near any hot lights.
    Soon after that I noticed small yellow/brown spots on a few leaves of the plant, seemingly random placement of these spots they are everywhere from the bottom to the top. I would say it only covers about 10% of the leaves though.

I went out to check on them again today and I noticed those yellow/brown spots/patches had holes in them small holes and the new growth seems to be even more cripled. It really looks like something is eating them but I can't for the life of me see any bugs or larvae or anything. I did notice like two bugs flying around the plants that looked to be about a quarter of the size of a house fly but after looking up all the different pests that can attack a marijuana plant none of these look like the bugs I saw and none of them caused the symptoms that my plants have.

Plant Info-

The plants are growing indoors with two windows near them that are open with a screen on them so I don't know how bugs could get in other than when I open the door. I am using black gold soil with one t5 flourecent ballast hanging above them I believe it puts out something like 80 watts and then I have three 1700 lumen 26 watt flourecent bulbs fixed around the plants about 2-3 inches away from them. I water them with miracle grow bloom booster and give them the recommended amount. I believe the NPK is something like 15-30-15. I checked the PH level of the soil the other day and it was 6.5
    Other than that I water them about every 3-4 days.

The only other problem I've ever had with these plants was a mildew/mold problem where it got a bunch of white powder type stuff covering the leaves but I sprayed it down with baking soda a few times and it seemed to fix that problem.

They are about a month and a half into veg.

2. Sorry couldn't read any further. WHAT!! do you think your plants get high off the smoke too? Don't do that smoke is soooo bad for your plants. And with no ventilation none the less! Two mini blunts even ohhhhhhh maaaaannnnnnn. That could contribute to any problem by my opinion.

3. alright ill stop smoking weed in there for a while and see if there is any improvement.