Ahh the ignorance of family and christianity..

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Flemian, Jan 25, 2011.

1. #41 aero18, Feb 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2011
    I should have responded to the fool who called me Glenn Beck, but you made similar (less distasteful) claims in your post so I will address them briefly.

It seems that you do not understand scientific terms. I do not fault you as laypeople often confuse the terms and do not understand their application.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2xhPgDuUlA]YouTube - Scientific Law vs Scientific Theory[/ame]

About atheism, it is more nuanced than you think. Most atheists do not assert that gods cannot exist since they rely on evidence-based thinking to substantiate their claims. They may reject particular gods, such as I, but these are on tangible grounds of empirical and rational evidence. The general concept of a god cannot be disproven. The same goes for Bertrand's Teacup (which I encourage you to read up about).

What Is Atheism? Strong vs. Weak Atheism: Definition of Atheism and Atheists Today

Now to evolution:

What "flaws" are you talking about? Without a firm grasp of evolution, all forms of biology are senseless. It is an integral part of the field and the understanding of all biotic lifeforms and systems, and readily evidenced by all subsets of biology and biochemistry. The vast majority of people that claim holes to the theory are the ones who lack a proper understanding of biology and have no formal education in it. As as an undergraduate biologist who works in a lab that studies evolutionary processes, I see the evidence with my own eyes.

Rejecting evolutionary theory in biology is akin to rejecting atomic theory in physics.

2. Tell your parents jesus smoked the herb, because he did

The anointing oil used by Jesus and his disciples contained an ingredient called kaneh-bosem which has since been identified as cannabis

Google it, let em read it and tell them to shut the fuck up.