Ahh, The Great Indoors...

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Zenzu25, Dec 11, 2016.

1. #1 Zenzu25, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum, not sure how I even decided on this forum as opposed to the many others, but here I am. I currently reside in Southern California (562)

I decided after getting my rec last year that I was going to do an outdoor grow. It worked out pretty well except for catarpillars destroying about 1oz of golden lemon 2 weeks from harvest, but overall was happy with the yield.

This will be my very first indoor grow. I am definitely a noob and it gets worse, I am a noob on a budget. So here we go... specs currently.

Current stuff and things
    1 - 4 x 4 x 7 apollo grow tent
    1 - viparspectra 300w reflector
    1 - 36" finnex 7k dd to supplement veg
    1 - 24" finnex 7k dd (added 12/4/16 for a friends clones I am baby sitting)
    1 - clamp light with 100w ir heat bulb
    4" intake fan
    1 - small circulation fan
    1 - accurite thermometer/hygrometer

Just ordered 12/10/16
    4 - pairs of viparspectra ratcheting rope hangars
    2 - Roleadro 300w 2nd Generation leds
    1 - led protection glasses

Things to buy
    Dedicated nutrients
    6" fan with inline carbon filter
    25' x 6" ducting
    6" wall port
    More lights/supplemental lighting
    Par meter
    2 x 4 x 4 veg tent
    Other misc crap

I know this thread is worthless without pics, but I am bored at work and can't upload pics, too lazy to host/at work. So will update when I get home later tonight.

I currently have 2 plants 22"- 24" Platinum Purple(midnight farms) and Dosidos (midnight farms) growing in 5 gal pots with Ocean Forrest + 30% additional Perlite. Just started a random nutrient regiment that I was using for my various other herbs/veggies.

My friends clones I am baby sitting are 8"-10" in rock wool cubes surrounded by coco coir(what it looks like, I could be wrong) 1 x Double tangie banana, 1 x Hammerhead, 1 x Odin og, 1 x Inner chi og, 1 x Bubba kush all from DNA Genetics.

Will most likely be getting clones from him and vice versa down the line.

If anyone could recommend a good budget friendly nutrients package let me know. Or if you see anything missing that I will absolutely need. Thanks for stopping hy I look forward to your feedback.

2. #2 Zenzu25, Dec 12, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    Ain't much to look at ha ha. The ones in the 5G pots are my ladies. Plat purps on the left and Do si dos on the right. Buddies clones tucked up top there. My two gals are 26 days old today (from when I got the 6" tall clones from the dispensary.) Struggled a bit with over watering. I think I'm okay now. Able to feel how heavy is just right.

Gonna build my scrog frame tomorrow out of wood. Have lumber laying around and the day off. Hopefully I stay motivated.:roflmao:

Attached Files:

3. Well, built my scrog frame and net, might actually build it slightly bigger and just stagger the lights for coverage.

Oh and Roleadro 2nd gen leds arrived as well as the ratcheting hangars. Pretty stoked. Things are moving along.

Anyway that's it for now, just trying to keep myself from over watering letting the plat purps recover a bit.

Attached Files:

4. Everything is growing well. Purchasing a second twnt for veg and flipping dosidos into flower this weekend. Ran into an issue with plat purps and underwatered it to death apparently the strain naturally displays some droop and I mistook it as a root/overwatering problem. Got a clone of her before she kicked the bucket though.

On to pics!

Gonna build a 4 x 4 scrog and center the dosidos. Everything else will move to veg tent.

Second pic is some clones on the side including some gg#4 cuts from a local grower.

Attached Files:

5. Another update. New scrog trelis in plants are filling out, I figure another week or so and then lolipop the dosidos. Follow that up week of recover and then flip her.

Have my veg area getting prepped right now to oull the other plants. Gonna scrog this single plant. I wish the plat purps had pulled through... oh well.

Also threw in a pic of the lights. Tell me what you think. What should I change? Any deficiencies or anything?

Attached Files: