AgroLED or QB lighting? Pics on page 2

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Slow Old Guy, Jul 13, 2018.

1. I am lookin at getting a couple of 265w AgroLED lights, recommended by the shop owner.....

I have only used Floro, CFL, MH, and HPS and know nothing about LED's.

-How many wpsf do i need?

-How close does the light need to be?

-How close can the tops be to the light without burning?

-How is the light spread?
    Does it shine straight down, conical at a 45deg angle, or spread way out quickly?

***If anyone could answer any of these questions i would be most grateful.***
    All i can find in the forums is QB's, lol.

2. I don't know about that particular light but for the $600 that you will pay for two of them, you can get a great QB set up. You might as well buy the best lights you can for your money.
    Watts per s/f on the regular blurple led's like the one you're looking at is 40 watts per s/f - quantums would be 30 watts per s/f.
    I would go by the manufacturer's recommendation regarding light height.

3. I just started on LEDs also, never grew before so know nothing about hps, mh, or cfl. All I know is it saves more money while being so much more efficient. The watts is up to your preference really, I went for 600, the more intense the light, the better the yield, I've read. But limited to space and only one spare bedroom I went with 600. The lights need to be at least 40" away from the seedling for the first week of the grow so the seedling can adjust to the light, dont want them to be so powerful so early. After a week the recommended distance is 20" but I keep mine at 25" and they aren't stretching at all. Anything less than 20" and I can actually be certain you will light burn your plants, but it's just a risk you don't take unless you are ofcourse going with a lower wattage led so it might not hurt. Depending on what brand you get, it really depends on how the light is spread. The ones i use strictly cover a small radius if not almost all of it shooting downwards. I haven't really wasted any light at all which is why I keep my tent open.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. thanks Mick,
    i am getting 2 small lights to cover 2 areas 2' x 2'6",
    veg side has a 400w MH about 70 wpsf,
    flower side has a 400w HPS with two 25w CFL,

with these HID's i have to keep the intake air in the low 60's and the chambers get to 80 deg fer,
    from what i am reading here if i switch to LED's i can run lower 70's for intake to get the same 80 deg max temp.

thanks again Mick, keep up the good work.!

5. AgroLED is made by Sunlight Supply. The people who make many of the CMH lights. They're probably a sunlight supply dealer and don't carry other brands.

Is this the light that he's recommending?
    AgroLED® Dio-Watt™ 432, 280W Full Spectrum Low Pro | Sunlight Supply
    That is the only 265 watt agroLED I can find.

Looks like an older burple style grow light made up of 3 and 5 watt single diodes and not even any cobs in the array.

It's disturbingly hard to find the size of the coverage area on that light. There's a vague statement in the Q&A where they say they recommend it for a 2.5x2.5 area.

There's a reason why nobody has heard of these lights and nobody is using them. The prices aren't horrible but not great either.

There's also a reason you keep hearing about QB's. They're pretty much the best led grow lights for the money right now. They use the highest efficiency diodes available that even outperform cree 3590 cobs by a good 20%.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. I've used blurples, and now I've used QBs. There is no comparison. QBs end up being more expensive up front, but it's so worth it.

7. I've used mars, california lightworks, platinum, and qb boards from HLG. I've got by far the most grow efficiency as far as grams per watt with HLG and it's white light. White light is so much nicer to work under. No matter how nice your burple led grow light is I don't want it. I'm tired of looking at that light. It messes with your eyes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. My Blackdog finally went out after less than 50,000 hours but more than 2 years of 24/7/365. Great light, but after trying a qb hard to go back to blurple heat and stealth. I have a 135w 4000k and 3000k. The 3000k was not satisfactory for me for veg. So I also bought the 4000k just today both v2. I now want to add 2700k but they don't make it in v2. Is that a big deal? or Dealbreaker? or is the 2700k worth adding? I have plenty of light, that's not the problem, but it's hard to match that magnificent Blackdog spectrum.

9. I don't own a 2700k. I flower with a 3k and a 3500k qb260's. Both with 304 boards. I like that bloom spectrum. My veg lights are 4k qb120's. I run 4 of them in a 4x4. I actually unplug one most of the time and only run 3 because 3 is enough and I have a clone machine in one corner that doesn't need a bright board right above it when it's rooting. The 3500k and 4k lights look brighter. It's just because they have more blue. More blue makes tighter nodes and denser buds. Red makes for more overall growth. Lower K lights are more red leaning. I'm surprised you didn't like 3k for veg. It's the recommended spectrum for start to finish.

10. Ok, Thanks, Well that is what I am going to have then 3500k if I run both. No, the 3000k was like trying to veg under hps for me. But yeah these 135w v2 lights are really nice and offer a lot of combinations to max out or chill out. Is there a big difference between v1 and v2?

11. I have 4 HLG65s in 4000K, excellent for veg. I have two QB304 boards in 2700K (not HLG boards, but still QBs) and since putting them in my flower tent, the frostiness is unbelievable. It has more or less haulted additional vertical growth, and let's the plants focus on what they need for flowering. I do also use two of the 4000K boards for a couple of auto flowers that I have, they seem to love it but they are still trying to grow up because of all of the blue/green in them. I wouldn't think 3000K would be too terribly far off of 2700K, but I have not had a 3000K to really compare them.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Those blackdog light sound badass but that price is nutty imo

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

13. I've heard they are pretty well worth the money but, they'd have to practically give them away to get me away from my QBs.

14. I had two of those blackdogs in my closet, $1200 worth of lights, It takes about three $200 qb to equal one $600 Blackdog. But I was running the qb 135w just to hide the Blackdog blurple. And I had the old Blackdogs and they were very noisey, but grew excellent pot. I still have one in storage, but these qb boards are pretty simple to swap out. Now that I'm in hempy/hydro these plants are so big I really only need to grow one at a time. Or maybe I'm just smoking less and growing more.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I think im goin the qb way they just confuse me for some reason

16. Pm me

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sheeeit, ship them to me and pay me to assemble them :p

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. yes, that is it.