Football Agree or disagree - Eagles wouldn’t have won the Super Bowl if Wentz played.

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by thcsavage, Nov 14, 2018.

1. One of the things Eagles coach Doug Peterson said after winning the Super Bowl was “Wentz would of won it too”

At first I agreed with his statement as statistically Wentz is a better qb than Foles. He had a great season last year before he got hurt and is playing good this year too.

But than I got more skeptical, especially after watching him play this year. Wentz isn’t a clutch qb, he never was. Yes he does make good throws, but whenever the games on the line he chokes. He also gets to nervous during beginning of games which leads to the Eagles going 3 and out.

I know it sounds crazy, but I just don’t think Wentz would of been able to make the plays Foles did in order to win.

I know Philly fans hate when ppl say Foles should start over Wentz, I’m not making that argument. I’m simply saying that I believe if Wentz never got injured and played throughout the season and into the playoffs, Philadelphia would never have won.

After Wentz got injured, I remember turning on the tv and hearing people say “ Foles can’t do it, he’s not Wentz”
    What’s if it’s the other way around? What if Wentz’s injury was actually what led Philadelphia to winning the Super Bowl?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. nobody knows.

what we do know is Eagles were the best team in football last season, from the opening week in Washington up to the finale in Minnesota. regardless of who was on the field.

people being hard on Wentz and the Eagles in general right now should read up on the history of this league and how teams fair the season after winning the Superbowl and how players perform in the first season coming off of a major injury

3. In general people have high expectations for teams that win the Super Bowl. There’s plenty of reasons the Eagles aren’t doing great, such as injuries and players they lost during the off season. They’re also missing their offensive coordinator and qb coach.

Even regardless of how the team is doing now, I don’t think Eagles would of won with him playing.

4. it's an extra month added to the season which increases fatigue which can carry into the next year because they don't get as long as on offseasons as even say a team that lost in the divisional round. Also typically players from a superbowl winner who become free agents can get paid more to play for another team so they leave in the off season. It's these things that make it so impressive that the Patriots can make it to the superbowl or championship game so often and come back the next year and do it again or come close. I think their time is running out though.

5. I’m hoping I’ll be able to apply this question to this year too...