Ago old Kelp and foliar spraying

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Skip I am, Jun 16, 2019.

1. I've been using this about once every other watering in the garden this season and foliar feeding it in between weeks with silica. My question is. Is it ok to foliar spray more than once a week during veg? I've been rotating through alfalfa, kelp, corn sst, and EWC tea for soil drench. For foliar all I've been spraying is kelp and silica once a week. How often can you spray silica and kelp? Screenshot_20190616-003923_Chrome.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. IMO once a week is plenty. BTW after you finish this bottle I suggest you buy yourself some kelp meal and start making your own kelp tea, you will pay a fraction of the price and you will have a superior product without having to pay for water.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I have both kelp meal and the jug. The jug is more for just foliar feeding as it has little solids in it which helps insure my mister stays clog free.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I soak the meal in water and then use a paint strainer bag to strain it out. Old bubble bags also work well. I usually do something like 1/2 cup alfalfa and 1/4 cup kelp per 5 gal water. Bubble for 24hrs (or stir) strain and spray.

hth,

P-

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yes I use paint strainer bags which seem to work well. It's only when I use a mister for foliar do I experience clogging.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Have any old bubble bags around?

P-

7. I will try it next brew.

• Like Like x 1
  8. The garden is rocking it well nonetheless.

20190615_110006.jpg

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. Try running it through a (unbleached) coffee filter

• Like Like x 1
  10. I like it but I make enough for 55 gallons which is quite a bit of solids.

11. Just the part that you foliar, run thru the coffee filter. its usually not anywhere near as much as you would soil drench.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 2
  12. Makes total sense thanks guys.