Agnostics, Atheists And All Ye Nonbelievers

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Its only, Jun 24, 2014.

1. I'm an atheist just wondering what 'beliefs' others like me subscribe to. I don't really consider myself spiritual, however I feel like I observe inexplicable coincidence in my day to die life. Have any of you read think and grow rich or the secret? Part of me believes that maintaining focused thoughts manifests itself into the desired outcome be it through ones own actions, meeting key people in unforeseeable ways or the influence of others. I've also done a lot of work in "haunted" houses. It astounds me how many people I met who claimed they had seen ghosts or encountered the supernatural in other ways. I'm talking more than 10 functioning members of society and of all ages claiming they have seen the exact same things and people in their home.

But at the same time I don't really buy it.hahahaha. :smoke:

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I don't understand how you can't believe in raptor Jesus. He went extinct for your sins, only a fool would think all this "just happened". That evilution would make monkeys into man. If evilution is true, then how come monkeys at the zoo don't give birth to humans? Huh? Can you answer me that? Thought so.

but seriously man, there's no need for this thread. Go to the atheist lounge

3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2zhlDbMfDg

4. I am not religious but I am 'spiritual' meaning that I enjoy Eastern ideologies such as Daoism, Shintoism, and Buddhism. I feel a connection to the Earth itself and I believe that the unbreakable flow of time which brings constant change is god and that god is not a physical being or deity like Western religions believe. I do however admire some polytheistic religions such as Hinduism and the pantheon's of ancient Greek, Roman, and other Pagan religions. Those religions are cool because the gods are mostly just literary tools used to embody the extremes of the unique emotions or actions that make us all human. I start to have a problem however when you start talking about a monotheistic creator god that you are supposed to be in constant fear of; that just doesn't sit well with my personal beliefs. I think everyone should have to study some Daoism haha.

5. omg atheistst??? You're like part of that darwinian cult religion.....

6. This is my first time venturing beyond the cultivation section, my apologies.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. @[member="Its only"] don't take my post seriously or think I was trying to be a dick, just having a little fun. The atheist lounge is/was pretty cool. I'm not sure if its still active or not but use the search function and you're bound to find out. Good luck

toodles

8. i can't be sure whether what i see is something that is actually there or something i imagine is there, so imagine how hard it is for me to believe the tales of others.

9.  Op you post wherever you want...If you want to make a separate thread you can. Not saying it b/c of what Raptor said...he wasn't as he said, 'being a dick'....but just do what you feel like...Sharing thoughts and opinions is what it's about up in here...

Without explaining what I believe..I think ghosts are plausible..If they used to be specific individuals and now are carrying on with places and things that happened in their lives would lend itself to the spiritual-of some kind-existence..yes 

I know some ghost believers that just think they haven't crossed over to the next dimension...

I had a pretty disturbing experience with some-thing...I've talked about it on here before...just know I have no doubt it happened and it was SUPER terrifying..I think about it and my stomach turns..and I get that feeling of it being there...ugh..that's enough.

10. Ok guy, you know deep in your heart that god exist but you don't want to believe it guy, because I mean, you hate god guy.

11. I believe that ghosts and angels and demons and psychic powers and magic could all hypothetically exist. But if they exist there is a scientific explaination

Also there isn't any evidence that those things to in fact exist

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Did you just say "toodles"?  *slaps J.Raptor*

13. #13 doubled0218, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2014

It's all intertwined, Egyptian mysticism is the very same as Taoism and Tao mysticism and all of the "gods" in every mythology came from the "heavens" and bestowed man with advanced knowledge.

Christianity is nothing more then a means of controlling you. There is no "God" and his "Fallen Angel"

Adolf Hitler believed that Satan had sex with Eve in the Garden of Eden and Cain was nothing more then Satan's very own son, that is why he killed his brother, Abel. Which lead to the belief that Jews and Africans were decedent's of an actual SERPENT SEED. Hitler truly believed that if he cleansed the world of this serpent seed, the Aryan Gods would descend and anoint him as "King of this Earth"
    The Nazi party was one of the ultimate occult parties, they had massive influence on Aleister Crowley, H.P. Blavatsky and Manly Palmer Hall's literate works.

I pity the fool who lives his life like this :bongin:

14. @[member="Old School Smoker"] takes the slap*

do it again

15. #15 doubled0218, Jun 25, 2014

Why did Jesus Christ live for 33 years?

Why are there 33 degrees in Freemasonry?

Why are there 33 spinal columns in the human spine?

It's alright man, I remember when I was in the dark. Step into light

16. #16 Wakeboard, Jun 25, 2014

I'm going to clarify this point in case there are religious people reading this who actually believe that's how evolution works.

Man does NOT descend from modern apes. We share a common ancestor. Meaning, at one point the groups split into two species. At this point neither group resembled what they would later become.

Is this a Christian's idea of proof?

:confused_2:  if you read my other post you wouldn't be asking this question.

18. The thing about the secret and law of attraction thingy is that, although (from my experience) it seems to work, it's dependent on two things. One being your natural flow of life, the things you are"destined" to do. And the things you consciously decide, your input. If they're not necessarily in line with one or the other I doubt it will happen. That being said life is full of surprises, coincidences, and things you expect to happen.

Sent from half way across the world using Grasscity Forum

No I understand you aren't Christian. I'm just curious if that is something they say, or whether you just made it up.

20. #20 J.Raptor, Jun 25, 2014
    @[member="doubled0218"]

why in the past 33 days have i taken 33 massive shits?

@[member="Wakeboard"]

they do believe that, but there's no convincing them. They have to be brave enough to accept it on their own and no matter how many times YOU try to show how erroneous they are, they will cling to faith. So nowadays I just let it go, as a wise man once said...the mark of maturity is knowing when it's not the right time to comment