Agents seize over 60 marijuana plants from Yakima home

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by xdog, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Agents seize over 60 marijuana plants from Yakima home
    YAKIMA, Wash. -- Federal agents raided a home in Yakima and seized approximately 67 marijuana plants.

Agents conducted a search warrant Monday afternoon on the 3300 block of Barge Street.

They arrested Troy Mallard Craig.

Agents say Craig admitted to growing the plants for about two years. The DEA also say Craig admitted to providing marijuana to his three children, and that two of his children had medical marijuana cards. Their ages range from two to seven years old.

In addition to the indoor marijuana grow, agents found several bags of marijuana, a digital scale and several medical marijuana cards.

According to the DEA, Craig told them he sold marijuana to five or six of his associates who provided "donations" for the marijuana. Agents say Craig would sell the drug for $200 an ounce.

"Well, I was just surprised, just like anybody else would be. I came home from work and there were a bunch of DEA agents and police officers in the yard. So it was pretty apparent what was going on," neighbor Steve Black explained.

Craig appeared in Yakima's Federal Court on Tuesday. A bail hearing has been scheduled for this Friday.

2. ...that's crazy, I didn't think 60 plants was a federal crime...I thought the number was 99 plants to be a federal case.

3. Wow haha im from this city and didnt hear about it till now. Didnt know the dea was here wtf in such a small city.

4. You'd be surprised what the FBI and DEA can do without notice. I come from a small town myself, and for 2 years they staked the place, they finally made a bust after two years and arrested 38 people associated with a meth lab.

5. I'm not going to go verify this, but I'm pretty sure even 1 plant is cultivation and cultivation is a felony.

6. [quote name='"silentbob71"']You'd be surprised what the FBI and DEA can do without notice. I come from a small town myself, and for 2 years they staked the place, they finally made a bust after two years and arrested 38 people associated with a meth lab.[/quote]

Well that's how they SHOULD spend our tax dollars.

7. ...here's the federal penalties:

FEDERAL Penalties

8. Yeah like in holland, over here you go to jail if you have 100 plants, if you have 99 you can get a maximum of 10.000 euro fine I think. But under 100 plants no jailtime :D

Edit: If you cant pay the fine you go to jail instead

9. i honestly thought yakima was a made up city in icarly no joke

10. Ummm YEA! Its METH!

11. What a waste of resources, fucktards

12. He was obviously way over the limit here. Most of Eastern washinghton citys only allow one grow per household at this time. This will end up being a black eye for all of us medical users. It will be interesting to see what debilitating conditions his 2 and 7 year old have. If they have a covered illness he may have a good defense for that many plants. The patient sales will make any defense tough.

13. Ridiculous waste of money to bust him, but dude shouldn't have been dealing. $200/ounce is not a donation, that's what the Denver dispensaries sell for, and they are surely making bank.