Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

aged stoners Shoud go green...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Yoda, Jan 30, 2014.

1. You did that shit 'cause you were broke and society was different. Nothing to do with being green or not lol.

2. Another pet peeve I have to address....

Not being able to buy decent boots or shoes that can be re-soled or re-heeled. I've had very comfy boots in the past that had their soles and heels replaced several time....no more, most all the affordable foot wear now has rubber soles molded to the cheap uppers...not that you can find a shoe repair shop to do the work anyway....I had one pair of motorcycle boots for 20 years and repaired numerous time...and they fit like the proverb-able glove......hate having to break in new boots.....

Do you remember the days when you were out partying, hoping to drink beer, and nobody had a can opener? Zip tops and twist tops for bottles were sure a great invention. :D I can remember opening bottled beer on part of the door frame on a car that the door latch hooked into. WTF, life was tough!

4. #44 Fizzly, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2014

You know what really pisses me off is these fucking kids saying that us baby boomers, living as you described above, have ruined the country. I've never made that much money, have worked full time since I got out of high school, have lived below my means all my life (which they can't even relate to) and have managed to accumulate enough to retire on.

Fuck that and fuck them. :mad:

Yup. I came to the conclusion some years ago that the only lessons you really learn are the ones that you live through.

I didn't listen to a damned thing my father told me; most kids don't. Unfortunately for all of us, we eventually find out that our parents were right about a lotta shit.

"Too soon old, and too late smart."

When you draw your last breath, everything about life will become crystal-clear. Before that, life is just a continual learning process.

6. Ik its a little off topic but Reminisce is a great magazine.

7. oh i know, someones gotta play the typical youngun ;) but i do agree with you. My generation is typically very lazy.

8. Thanks for a good read. Now that my grandma likes me we've been talking a lot more. She's Ukrainian and grew up on a farm and her mom would be in the garden picking vegetables to put in the cellar to keep. She'd wash the sheets once a week in a galvanized metal tub and hang dry them outside. The sheets would freeze because it was winter out. They had rooms in the house people would rent out, all shared one bathroom and shower.
    This is the kind of history i like to know about.

9. That clip made a huge impact on me when it was first aired.
    In fact a young friend, 48, and I were talking about it earlier today.

10. *stumbles thru the door really late*
    How the heck did miss out on all this fun until now? I gotta get out more.

Darn.
    But you other old guys did really well. :smoke:

Yes, my parents used to get it but that was a long time ago, and I don't remember anything specific about it.

So it is still available?

12. Yes it is. My Dad subscribed to it. Got his last issue a few months ago.

Thanks!

14. Most definitely. My grandparents still get it and it makes me long for a time waaaay before me as much as always