Age Old organics 5-10-5 bloom for autos

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jso12357, Mar 3, 2019.

1. I'm thinking 50% of the recommended dosage of 1-2 tablespoons/gal... for my Pineapple Express and Super Auto Hash plants. And regular dosage for the seaweed and cal mag and fox farm big bloom.

Any thoughts one way or the other?

2. sound great. the numbers will work just fine. but how much big bloom will you add along with it ?

3. #3 Jso12357, Mar 3, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
    Bryan OConner, The F F Big Bloom ( 0-.5-.7 ) recommends 1/2 cup per week. I was thinking the standard dosage would be OK.

Should I cut that back too? Thanks

4. However you get it, those autos really love Nitrogen for 30 days. They need enough to completely form the plant for flowering. Skimp on the N early pay for it later. Then, N tox, sort of like bankruptcy, happens very slowly then very quickly. Good organic soil already has enough N. The more perlite, coco, peat and other ammendments you add the more N needs to be replaced simply because they take up non N room in the container. Then pumping autos with P will not make big blooms. But it needs to be supplied at the same rate they are growing. Bloom formulas and boosters do not make the blooms. The blooms eat a lot of P and it needs to be replaced.

5. I’m about on day 60, (for the largest of 3 autos pictured) using roots soil, Electric Sky 180 and I gave it a reduced dose of 12-6-6 about 6 days ago. This is my first indoor grow. Are you recommending perhaps a 25 % strength grow dosage along with the reduced bloom nutes ?

Attached Files:

6. At day 60 autos are in the early stages of death. like a 21 year old that doesn't yet know he has stopped growing. Temp,humidity and light are going to determine quality now. Start thinking of making her last days comfortable rather than pushing her. Bending the plant or removing low light buds will be a benefit. Whatever you have been using looks fine enough. I wouldn't change. Be sure every bud is getting good light. Brand, quantity,style of nutes now isn't going to make any difference. The auto grower has 30 days of veg, then 30 days of flower. Then 30 days of watching to see if anything he did made a difference. Day 60 flip to auto pilot and bring her down gently. Replace what she uses. She can't take any more.

7. Thanks for the advice. I never stop learning. Any favorite strain suggestions for next tent grow. Must be a low grower that I can LST as the 2x4 tent is only about 5’ high This is a great hobby!

8. I found genetics can help with shortness of autos, but the seeds listed as "short" tend to be more novelties. I have one growing now that is listed "not for indoor" due it's big stature and it is very small due to small pot size and pruning. If you have a good veg light/program I have found mainlining autos to 4 tops to be the easiest sure way to keep plants manageable. Although I had a 4 top auto in a 5 gallon that needed the whole 2x4 or a couple of more feet of height. Since switching to small containers size of plant is comical. If you like growing autos I would focus strictly on the stone you like since they can all be grown pretty much alike once you get your growing strategy in place.

• Like Like x 1
  9. i would not use full strength on both. back off on them both a bit . why not feed them the old then the next feeding give them the fox ? using both at once if you over do it will burn the plant.