Age and potentcy?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TooSicKs, Apr 23, 2003.

1. Hey all, just wondering, does a young plant have less THC content than an old plant?

If i have a bag of leaves from one plant that have been pruned at different ages, would the young leaves contain as much as the older ones?

If i made bubble hash out of various ages of leaves would it not be as potent as those made from equal quantity of old leaves?

Thanks

2. well that all depends on the plant....different strains have different potentcies... but if you mean off of the same plant....it's the location of the leaf that determines the potency... the further up the shoot the more potent it should be... larger fan leaves on the bottom are not near as potent as the shoots at the top. so as to the age.... i would say the newer leaves should be more potent then the older leaves....which are located where....at the bottom of the plant.

now if you meant are younger plants more potent than older ones.... like say you have two clones of the same plant... one is two weeks old, and the other is say three months old.. then yes the older plant is more potent... only because it's had more time to mature...hope this helps some...peace, love, and bigger buds.

SirToppinHat.