again with the advertisements???

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by thezephyr, Feb 23, 2017.

1. so I was totally willing to deal with the ads embedded in posts, between posts, and generally all over the place. but now the ads are all extremely loud autoplaying videos, that blare at me as I try to scroll through the forums. they also don't have a pause or mute.

I totally understand the need for ad revenue, and I was totally fine with the embedded banners. but come on ya gotta be kidding with these video ads.

• Like Like x 7
  2. This saddens me to hear this is going on. I was unaware of it. I am a gold member so i do not see ads on GC. But I can't believe this is happening. I think its ridiculous people have to deal with that. Consider getting AD Block if you can. I don't support invasive ads like that.

• Like Like x 2
  3. The last I had heard, they were turned off for registered users by @Lizard King so I'm not sure why they are there like that. Autoplaying videos is a bit much, no matter what. I don't see them but am curious and will log into a test account to see how bad it is since that is not a monkey in my circus.

• Like Like x 2
  4. WOW!

• Like Like x 5
  5. hahaha :love-m3j:
    I'm guessing you got more than a few,
    personally I'm getting at least one big mike per page.
    bigmike2guys.JPG

it just started a few days ago, hopefully the video ads can get dialed back. :gc_rocks:

• Like Like x 2
  6. I'll check this a bit further next week. I am on vacation atm but @RMJL pointed this as a priority for me , will dive into it as soon as i am back.

• Like Like x 4
  7. I barely spend time on gc anymore, the other place (ig) had no ads that auto play. It's much less aggravating. The worst part is when I'm listening to music on my Bluetooth and scrolling gc and then a video auto plays and it's loud as hell on my speaker. No thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  8. I started a thread about this and was told to lodge my complaints in this thread. I can't tell you how annoying this is when you're trying to read a thread. It almost pushes me to another forum where I'm not forced into listening to an advertisement that I don't want to hear. WTF.

• Like Like x 2
  9. It's like you cant even scroll down because my mouse scrolls over the ad in the bottom right, and it auto expands without any clicking, playing at top volume. I'm on here at night and it woke my girlfriend up in the other room. Very loud., ....and I hate big Mike. I end up muting my whole computer because I accidentally scroll over it every time.. Uggh

• Like Like x 4
  10. I must be missing it all, Oh wait, i use adblocker,lol

• Like Like x 2
  11. Weird riu managed to function without a shit ton of ads. Actually ads at all.

Course now with revenue they can't keep a server up.

(i don't see ads here anymore..I did first day. Post count I imagine)

12. Being on mobile makes this really annoying I'm 110/110 on the videos clicks. No matter what, every time I scroll down from the first post I end up hitting the video ad, it auto plays and I I have to close it. Damn annoying.

• Like Like x 4
  13. all pop-up adverts are a pain, but I've never seen one that auto expands and you have to chase the X to close, while the audio over powers my DI.FM channel....yeah truly the most annoying pop-up advert ever

• Like Like x 3
  14. Ads are one thing. Forcing us to have to deal with stopping UNWANTED videos every single time we go into a post is RIDICULOUS. I don't want to watch videos by nute pushers and I doubt there are very many here who do! Bad idea! TWW

• Like Like x 4
  15. Hey @Lenny....what does it mean to be a "Gold Member" on GC? Just curious. Thanks. TWW

16. [​IMG]

17. It's just a paid membership. You get access to secret forums and other perks which I've forgot. They stopped doing paid memberships some time ago

• Like Like x 3
  18. We used to offer paid memberships which gives you a banner under your name along with other perks such as hidden forums and discounts in the shop. As far as I know the paid memberships are no longer available.

• Like Like x 4
  19. This exactly.
    Plus listening to music on a Bluetooth speaker with my mobile and the ad plays over that. Pretty much deterred me from using this site for now unless necessary.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Report this here? Still getting them

• Like Like x 1