Afterlife

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by XxnickpwnsxX, Nov 7, 2008.

1. where do we go when we die?

well you have religion (Christianity as an example)
    that says if u worship god and are good you go to heaven, but if your bad and you sin you will burn for eternity for a mistake you made in a single lifetime (sounds pretty extreme)

but religions are a good way to control the people, just like the news feed us propaganda everyday that 80% of dimwitted idiots believe..(yah the twin towers didn't have explosives in them) gimme a fucking break, everyone knows when a building catches on fire it explodes to the ground in dust. (sarcasm)

so what my theory is on an afterlife is either nothing, or your spirit traveling aimlessly through space. because our minds is what makes up everything around us. with no physical body our (soul) is released.

so maybe reincarnation does exists. i have had dejavu when i have been to europe and knew some of the shit that was going to come up and i have never been there before. and other times when i knew something was gunna happen.

there is also times where i dream and contact a weird spiritual world were i see something happen and remember and it happens either in a few years or withing a day. like dejavu.

so this is a huge subject because the truth is, NOBODY knows.

and ghosts, i have seen a few in my lifetime, but is it the mind or a frequency that picks up the image? what is their purpose? are they there because of energy left behind? or are they controlling themselfs?

a lot of questions, i want to know what you guys belive.

please no bashing on religions or beliefs, everyone has a right to their own opinion, even tho opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and most of the time they stink :)

DISCUSS!

2. The Epicurean meaning of life rejects immortality and mysticism; there is a soul, but it is as mortal as the body. There is no afterlife, yet, one need not fear death, because "Death is nothing to us; for that which is dissolved, is without sensation, and that which lacks sensation is nothing to us."

3. Personally I believe in reincarnation. I was raised Catholic by my parents but when I got to high school I really started to question religion. I also questioned the existence of God for a while but for some reason I still believe in a supreme type being/higher power or something that does exist. After studying various religions my hypothesis is that when we die, our spirit goes to some other realm for a while before being reincarnated again in the future in a higher or lower life form depending on the previous life. How long this time in the spirit realm is (would there even be "time" there?) before being reincarnated I really have no idea, but I don't think it's worth worrying about.

Also I honestly just try to live my life as a good person. It's amazing how ideas such as Do unto others as you would have others do unto you and concepts of love and interconnectedness are present in so many religions from around the world, east to west. Basically I just try to live a good life, not necessarily because of the promise of a better afterlife or future life, but because it is simply the right thing to do. And also, what do you have to lose by trying to live a good life, by loving others as yourself?

4. Exactly... :)