Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

After T-Break : Best Cannabis consumption rythm to maintain low tolerance in the long run?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by johndoesia, Jun 13, 2020.

1. - disclaimer - I am not a scientist nor an expert -

Hi everyone,

I am currently at day 8 of my chosen 20 days break. I have been smoking about 2 grams / 2.5 grams daily of some different quality strains for about 4 months. I heard that a one-week pause is good to get high a couple times again, 2 weeks even better. I want to go a bit more than than to make sure that I start my "No more long T-Breaks " plan the best way possible.

I do not want to stop smoking. I want to find the ideal balance of consumption which would allow me to keep consuming Cannabis in the years to come. I know that the main rule is being disciplined to be able to enjoy weed without abusing it and to live a "normal" social life ( whatever "normal" means , for me jog, painting & art hobbies, work 5 days/week - & more).

I thought about this and took some notes / ideas to follow a plan which will start after my 20 days break. I could probably keep going after these 20 days and stop forever if I wanted to , but truth is weed is fantastic for many things. So , I don't consider this to be a relapse since I want to master-control my consumption.

Has there been any research or studies done that could give some results on how much the decrease of tolerance is:

- after "Xnumber" days of break WITH information on the amount consumed AND how often BEFORE the break ?

( example : Mr. x smoked 1.5 grams daily for 12 months , so his tolerance should goes down approximately ...% after 72 hours. or , Mrs Y smoked 2 grams weekly for 6 months, so her tolerance goes down about ... % after 48 hours.) .

I guess that the decrease in Tolerance during and after a break highly depends on:
    - the amount consumed
    - how often, when ( weekly / daily )
    - AND for how long ? I would find it hard to believe that the time needed for tolerance to go down is the same for everyone, no mater how much and no matter how long the person has been using cannabis.

However I think If I understood right that this is the case for the time THC / CBD / metabolites stays within the system ( hair, urine, blood... ), although I still think that a heavy user probably has more so it probably takes more times to exit the body...( that sounds logical to me but I'm no scientist).

I know there are no perfect / 100% correct answer(s) as each human being is unique - and so is our body's response to THC / CBD / Weed . I 'd love to find the right rhythm - or get the close.

What I plan to do is actually start with one or 2 drops of INDICA CBD oil on the weekend evening only ( Saturday ) , that is maybe a way of extending the break a little I guess , kinda, since there is little-to-no THC. This way I won't raise up my Tolerance to the roof.

Then 7 days later (the following week-end) I will roll a J' composed of 50% space-queen I have left (Sativa) / 25% decent shake / 25% nicotine-free herbal blends ( no tobacco in there, tastes "meh" but will get used to it as I used to smoke spliffs few years ago with that. ). So should be 0.25g of real weed, 0.12g shake, 0.12 herbal blend, approximately. Light it up, take 3 / 5 puffs, let it go out , wait and see. I hope to feel just a buzz. Honestly I think it'll even get me to be a little 'high'. in any case, no more than a few drags, and put the joint in my box with my stash. The number of drags to catch a buzz will be determined by this first joint. I'll write the number down on my excel sheet.

I think the main reason tolerance builds quickly is simply because I kept on smoking more and more, week after week. My brain and body was getting used to it. For that, I plan to "trick" my brain and actually go less than the previous week-end , every 2 weekends. So for example, if I have determined that 5 or 6 puffs were enough to catch a buzz from the first joint or even get to a little 'high' state, I'll make sure that on the next week-end , I'll only take 3. This should allow me to feel just a little/tiny something, but most important, psychologically I will feel good because "I had my smoke" this weekend. I expect my tolerance to go slowly go down a bit during the following 6 days because instead of giving my body and my brain more, it was less.

Then 6 days later, take more than previously, so back to 5/6 puffs ( number to be decided ). Tolerance should go up a little. Then 6 days later, less again. Then back to 5/6 puffs. And so on. Maybe it's a way of keeping an average balanced tolerance level. A pattern of 6 / 7 days WITH different methods of consumption AND playing on the amount, different each time ( never going beyond a limit of X drags/grams/oild drops/space cake bites/whetever/ : only going lower that determined limit for each method of consumption).

I plan to switch ways of absorbing weed ( Indica CBD , then Sativa CBD , a spliff of shake + hash , then on another weekend a joint made of weed + shake , then some edible - portion to be determined ).

If you have red all this , props. I'm willing to try this, be real disciplined about it , and not fvck it up. I want to reach my my ideal-almost-perfect-average balanced tolerance , so that I don't go outta control again and don't have to do anymore strict "long" ( >7 days ) T-Break(s) again. i know ALOT of users can actually naturally control their habits and consumption, and probably have been doing great like that for years. I never could. I just had to think all this through and write it down because otherwise, I'm just gonna end up doing the same as before! I had to come up with few ways and try. I kinda wrote a lot on this thread, but it could be summarized by a 6 days T-Break with alternate ways of consuming. I'm curious to see how this will go. Especially increasing and automatically reducing my tolerance within 14 days by respecting a limit, or going lower, never above. By doing this, and with different ways of consuming different strains of indica's and sativa's, I think that my brain will not get used to a certain amount every time of 'this ' particular strain with 'this' exact same method of consumption. But then, could that lead to some kind of plateau level of tolerance after X months... ( no clues - that's another question ).

Hopefully one day with allll the data we are giving out and all the technology we have now, they'll figure all this out. i hope what I wrote made a bit of sense, a lot is theoretical, but some based from information found on Google and reliable. Any info, any advice, any correction about this, anything... don't hesitate! Wish me luck :D

ps - please do not troll - waste of time ! ; )

2. I quoted one of "Granny @Storm Crow posts in another response.
    She is an amazing researcher and has posted on the benefits of adding Omega 3 to your diet.
    Here is what I quoted;

She may have updated info.

:smoke:

Edited to add: Basically it cleans out your receptors.

• Like Like x 1
  3. wow thank you I never heard of this , what a coincidence... lol I got some Omega 3 suplements just 2 days ago because I have read it's good for eyes / vision health and others things as well. I almost never eat fish - not big fan - so I was kinda always more or less lacking some omega3 and thought "why not" . But I don't recall having seen stuff about it with effects linked to THC , that's great, definitely going to look deeper into this and this searchers studies.:thankyou:

• Like Like x 1