after four months of looking for work

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Tastytrichomes, Nov 27, 2012.

1. #1 Tastytrichomes, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2012
    i finally got an interview and went to it today at home depot. i applied for lot attendant, which means i move carts, help customers load their vehicles, and maintain the entrance of the store. the guy who was supposed to interview me showed up over a half hour late and seemed really apologetic. since i'm so desperate to get a job, i prepared very well in advance for the interview and i was answering the guy's questions before he even asked them. he seemed really satisfied with what i was saying. told me he would call me on wednesday for another interview since he was so unprepared and more than likely get me started. today is a good day, blades :wave:

edit: just got an interview at walmart too!

2. Good luck brother.

3. dont cut the interviewer off ever. you need to look them dead in the eyes and let them finish speaking before you get your turn.

even if you know the answer already it is rude to interrupt people and it can be taken the wrong way

4. Good for you man.

I'm still trying to get an interview ANYWHERE after unexpectedly losing my job back in September.

5. 93% of what we interpret is hidden in peoples actions and micro-expressions. Compose yourself, and words just arrive.

6. Nice man. I just got an interview tomorrow for valet lol hope I get it. Good luck to you too. Usually when I get interviewed I have the job... Hopefully that works for both of us this time. :smoking:

7. [quote name='"DTM420"']dont cut the interviewer off ever. you need to look them dead in the eyes and let them finish speaking before you get your turn.

even if you know the answer already it is rude to interrupt people and it can be taken the wrong way[/quote]

I think he meant he gave such good answers that the interviewer didn't have to ask many questions.

Good luck man :) it should be easy work so just work hard and get that check.

8. yup, thanks

i had one interview before but did very poorly on it. i was 17 years old and i didn't know shit. i was also really socially awkward. my work experience is unofficial/unscheduled landscaping (taking care of someone's lawn for 10/hr) since i have had such trouble getting a job. i really need one this winter. hopefully i get hired at this place. i have a considerable amount of confidence

9. In those four months how much effort you put into getting a job? Just wondering.

10. filling out about 3-4 applications weekly and repeatedly calling stores. im also occupied with college. ive got numerous to take down my information and look over my application but i was never called back. i don't have good connections either. its just really difficult to get a job around here with the recent economic decline

11. Congrats man.

12. Where is 'around here' because I've never had to go more than two weeks without a minimum wage job and that's just casually searching.

Not saying you weren't truly trying OP. Just wondering.

13. fuck yess dude, you stayed positive the whole time man, thats what matters.
    i just lost my job and found a new one recently also.

i def know that feeeeeeelllllllll

14. [quote name='"tastytrichomes"']

filling out about 3-4 applications weekly and repeatedly calling stores. im also occupied with college. ive got numerous to take down my information and look over my application but i was never called back. i don't have good connections either. its just really difficult to get a job around here with the recent economic decline[/quote]

Tip:aways call back or call place u are applying for

15. most companies use staffing agencies to keep insurance/workmans comp down. you also cant collect unemployment when hired as a temp.

Employers do this to protect their business. after about 6 months they can tell if you're worth hiring on and extending benefits to

16. Good luck, man! Although getting shopping carts will be a bitch in the winter it's still a job.

17. Nice job buddy!

18. thanks guys! and they said they might have me working as a cashier instead. tbh i just need a job really bad. walmart wants me to be a cashier also. i'd rather be a lot attendant because i like that position at home depot but they could put me up as a cashier as well... so i'll take whatever job potentially hires me sooner!

i can't really maintain two jobs : /

19. Nice man. I haven't had a job in while either. At least I finnally got my ass motivated to get up and grab an application.

20. home depot hired me. i went in for a second interview. basically my first interview was just an unprepared guy who asked me four questions and when i showed up today for my second interview, i immediately got the job as a lot attendant. i just need to take a drug test on friday

:)

after that it's straight blazing