After Eight Years of Not Seeing Him

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by bahookahjoe18, May 31, 2012.

1. I'm getting to chill with my dad.

When we separated, I was 11 and still had a lot to learn. I feel pretty good about my brain now, and think that I can make informed decisions and character assessments, and despite what my mom may have told me for nearly a decade, my dad is all right.

We're so alike that it's hysterical. We sleep in the same clothes, dress the same, get serious munchkins late at night, and have a lot of the same philosophical views.

One thing I've found funny is that I'll be having a thought about someone or something currently relevant, and then my dad will speak my observation aloud.

He's really cool Blades. Really smart and has good taste.

:smoke:

2. I went through a long estrangement with my dad also. My mother also fed me horror stories about him. We're not alike at all, but that's ok. I'm nothing like my mother either.

3. Haven't seen mine since 8th grade. I hate seeing people's reactions when I tell them that. It's never been a huge deal for me.

4. I haven't seen my since birth, that fucker my life would have been a whole lot difderent.

5. I hear you on that buddy!

I'm glad my life turned out the way it did, and it took me until this experience to fully realize that every major event in my life bears no regrets. I'm making such excellent money right now, living the LIFE! :) There are things I wish I could post on the open internet (like a flag I want to fly on the sea but can't because of fear of capture), but let me just post this:

Me and my dad, (he doesn't know it) have ROMANIPEN and this is the place for me in life right now! :D

I love my parents and I really appreciate my upbringing right now.

6. i think that's cool man. i just started reconnecting with my dad. he is 72 and made me quite old. i want to make his last healthy years of being basically alone in holland a little better. i really don't understand how i could get him to smoke. i would love to see him feeling better in general.

7. good for you man. I'm really happy that you have a good relationship with your dad. I'm not just saying that either, i'm genuinely happy for you and your dad. Kinda reminds me of the how i met your mother, how barney wanted his dad to be. and your dad is that guy. it's really cool. My dad doesn't want anything to do with me in his heart, he's all superficial. shit sucks, but I don't let it bring me down.

Hopefully in the future he will come around and I'll have a bonding experience like you have with your dad. Good vibes my friend. :)

8. i'm glad for you man. wish i could have done the same before my father passed. i basically cut him out of my life for the final 6 years he was alive. alcohol turned him into a completely different person and i couldn't stand his bullshit. now that i'm a little older i realize it wasn't always bad, and deep down my father i loved was still there. the only time i talked to him in those 6 years was the day he died, he was drugged up and passed out on a hospital bed. so it wasn't even an actual conversation.. just me saying my peace to him as he lay there. i regret the shit every day.

9. also happy for you man. Im also sharing a similar experience myself. my dad ended up getting into a meth addiction when i was around 13 or so, and eventually got busted for a meth lab. he got locked up for a couple years and i finally saw him again at a family reunion when i was 18. for a good year and a half we stayed pretty distant and it was actually kind of awkward spending time together because neither of us are big on socializing and getting to know people well/quickly.

in the last few months we've been talking probably 5x more often and really connecting on a lot of things. he's actually helped me with a few character flaws and insecurities as well because he gives some really helpful advice and support.

im glad to hear your relationship is going well also, it's a great feeling

10. Reading all these father stories makes me glad my Dad was always and is always there for me. I think it's a vital relationship for both sons and daughters.

11. Just don't tell him you're eating bugs.

12. I'm glad to see you again man and that things are good may I ask why you two were estranged

13. well I havent seen my mom since I came out of her .

and i don't think I've ever seen my dad , unless he was in the room but I doubt it .

Beat that !

14. I spent over 20 years looking for my half-sister (adopted out at birth- family scandal :cool:) and when I found her on the net, she was not delighted. She led a life of privilege- yachts and riding clubs and all that... I did not. I send her birthday greetings just to bug the upper-class wench! :p

OP, go see him. Give him the gift of having the chance to say he is sorry. If he doesn't, just walk away, and leave the bad memories to die with him.

Granny

15. #15 pain21, May 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2012
    I never met my real dad and don't want to.. if I did I'd be going to jail for assault shortly after.

16. GADS!
    ROFLMAO...you burst the biatches bubble huh? She ain't blue blood like she thought...she's just a common peasant like the rest of us....:p

[​IMG]

17. Ive never met my dad

18. cool story bro, heart warming

does he eat bugs

19. I might send a sibling of mine who acted like that a birthday card embellished with a 5 dollar bill, haha. I got to meet my half-sister too with this experience :)

Granny, did you read my post? lol

Not yet

20. [quote name='"jswanny47"']Haven't seen mine since 8th grade. I hate seeing people's reactions when I tell them that. It's never been a huge deal for me.[/quote]

I feel so guilty when my friends talk about how they haven't seen their dads in years cause I came from a pretty perfect home. I don't make a big deal out of it though, I just don't know what to say.