after death?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by GucciSOICEY, Oct 28, 2010.

1. i truely really do believe in God 100% percent but sometimes i get these thoughts that i dont want. so my question is where does your existence go when you are dead? how can you just be no more if there really isnt a heaven? it really doesnt make sense to me!!! please share your thoughts!

2. #2 walowan, Oct 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2010
    there is a saying..."we are spiritual beings having human experiences...not humans having spiritual experiences."

These are my thoughts feelings and beliefs about what we really are:

when we die we lose the humaness that we were experiencing and revert to our spiritual state that we have really been in for ever.....we have infinite wisdom and remember everything we have learned from our experiences in other times or dimensions. We become or are reunited with the "great unknown" often refered to as God. We have had many, many experiences other than being human but as humans we don't remember them. When we die we go back to spirit forms and agian remember everything including the human experience that we just had. As a spirit form we all have connection to all others in our state of existance. In that state emotions as humans feel them do not exist and time is meanlingless.

3. This is more for the philosophy forum, but if you follow the science, our souls as energy should theoretically exist if you think a soul is an actual thing.

Your best bet is not to worry about the specifics. Chances are your young, you got a lot of living to do.

4. Well if your familiar with what we have found through science, and you would see that we are nothing but what we seem to be. There is nothing spiritual about us. We already know that feelings are a combination of chemicals in our brain. We can even manipulate these chemicals to produce certain feelings, to prove this point. What we dont know about our bodies so far is because we just havent figured it out yet. From what we have found through science, we really have no reason to believe anything supernatural about anything pertaining to our bodies.

5. but theres always that underlying thought of what if, what if there really is a God (which I believe). its all just mind boggling that we are here on earth right now thinking about this. why is there life? where did the universe come from? thats what i really wonder and i've been told to believe it all came from God and i really do belive it but sometimes i want to explore other possibilities about life! im rambling on and oon but i really truely am BLOWN@!

6. Well the way I see it, I have no reason to believe there is a god because ive never seen anything to support that there is a god. There is always a what if, but I can only believe what can be proven to me. When someone says they believe in god and they believe god created all of existence, its that persons burden of proof to show me that there is this god that he claims exists. Me on the other had have seen nothing to support it as i said. Thus I dont believe.

Who says we need a purpose to exist? I think we each find our own purpose in life, and I think we find that just by finding happiness in whatever we do.

Alot of people believe in god or the supernatural because we dont know how the universe was created. I dont think we can just blinding believe in something because we just dont know it. I think we can eventually figure out how, or by what means the universe was created.

I hope that made sense, Im blasted as fuck atm.

7. that did make a lot of sense but the thing im saying is can it really hurt to believe in God? ur an atheist because what? because something hasnt been proven? look i seen this in another post but look. if im wrong about God, then im wrong for a lifetime. if ur wrong about God ur wrong for an eternity!!! it never fails to believe in God!

8. I honestly do not believe in that big bang shit, matter can not be created or destroyed. So what created that matter in the first place? I am quick to believe that it is some kind of god, especially when the only alternative is the belief that everything was just randomly created. The fact that we are all here able to think these thoughts is proof enough of god and his miracles. As for the soul I share the belief of the Buddhists on that one, our purpose is to advance ourselves to enlightenment through many lifetimes of life lessons we must learn.

9. #9 Dryice, Oct 28, 2010
    Where was your existence before you were born?

And for the dude above me, the Big Bang doesn't imply that matter was created. Anything prior to our universe's existence is assumed to be a quantum system, and is governed by the uncertainty principle. In vacuums, there is always energy. It is responsible for phenomena like the Casimir effect or spontaneous emission of atoms.

10. Replying to the bold:

So I guess you don't believe that love exists? Because I'm pretty sure it can't be "proven".

11. #11 tongues, Oct 28, 2010
    You're wrongly assuming the only two possible scenarios are either God exists (with the characteristics you have ascribed) or He doesn't exist--a false dichotomy. In fact, there are an infinite amount of possibilities when it comes to the matter of a creator god. Perhaps such a god doesn't exist at all or perhaps has none of the characteristics you think it does. This god may just as likely value skepticism over blind faith or even violence over peace and issue judgment accordingly. Your beliefs confer you no real advantage.

Edit: And I'm pretty sure you can prove love exists.

12. You're making some assumptions about God.

For one, that God made an afterlife for us. Why couldn't he have just made this world and not endowed us with an immortal soul? Maybe God did make an afterlife and doesn't give a shit if you're good or bad or believe in him or not -- it's just the place where dead souls go. What if God DID make Hell, but didn't reveal the True Religion to any humans (His Favored Creation is actually the Zarblots of the Andromeda galaxy, and we're just an experiment), so everybody's bound to go there eventually?

Now how about this: what if God did make Hell, and sends nonbelievers there -- and, because you're not following the right religion, you're bound to go there? Maybe only good Muslims get to go and all those stupid Christians are bound right for the lake of fire.

It isn't quite as cut-and-dried as you seem to think.

13. basically, there is no fucking way we can truly know what happens when we die... there's only one way to truly find out, and im totally content waiting patiently :)
    in the mean time, ENJOY LIFE!!!!

J.E.T.S. - Just Enjoy This Shit!
    jet life, stay high brothas

14. I didnt say that, I said I can only say what I know and can be proven. Even if we cant prove something now doesnt mean it cant be proved. We just havent found the proper method to figure it out.

15. A few ways to come into this world a billion to leave it? As for anything with science, isn't it against survival instinct for people to commit suicide? A soul though that chooses to leave sounds more likely with free will. For all we know a giant piece of shit may be on a throne when we die and we may be bowing to it....Can you disprove it? Maybe the dead can but not us.