After 13 years, now I cant even be happy(Long Read, summary below)

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by daveslaine, Aug 30, 2011.

1. GC, I'm posting this thread here because it is about Marijuana in a way, but about how it made my life different indirectly. You see, my father was a major hash smoker. He'd smoke hash everyday, by me, and by my mom. Alongside that, he'd also smoke Opium, although I'm assuming that helped heal him after the occasional psychotic episodes he had while smoking Hash.

Because of this excessive smoking, my parents mom divorced my dad.

I have not been able to speak to him since. And now, after 13 years today, I see him through skype, and not only that, but also my grandfather. I didn't even know how to respond, I kept chocking, unable to create a relationship at all. I related to them, my grandfather is as healthy as a 50 year old, and he is 80 something. My granddad and my father were like a team when speaking to me. They were sitting side by side, and it kind of seemed like those movies where the guy is being interrogated by two men on the opposite side of the table. I related to them only that they spoke like they were high, and not high on weed, but more like, they speak as if they have everything, and have absolutely no problems, worries, or fears of everything. Kind of like me, whereas my moms side has issues with anxiety, depression, irrationality, fear, etc. It also felt like they were telepathic I swear. They'd look at each other, and you could see that they are quite connected and know the next move. I honestly felt like I was like their property in a way. But I enjoyed it, even though I couldn't speak.

Its funny really, I found myself jealous when I saw my step-mom. My dad is like 50 something, and my step-mom is 28, and so fucking hot. I got so jealous of him for a moment, that he abandoned me, left my mom alone for all those years, and was pounding a hot ass young girl. Oh just by looking at his face and her face, and the way he was talking and the way she was talking, I could tell that she sucks some damn good dick. Got me jealous of my old man.

Anyway, my whole point is, and also, I have two uncles on my fathers side, apparently, my grandfather said I'm the favorite out of all(found that kinda illogical to believe), but allow me to say this, my grandfather is so rich, I mean so rich, that you could not even believe how rich he is, im talking hundreds of millions of dollars.
    Now, after 13 years, I get a call, and they tell me I'm in, I'm a rich man, I have no worries because I will get a huge chunk. So thats it I thought huh, years of emotional and mental difficulties, and now, like nothing, I am expected to find it easy to believe that its true, and easy to get excited over? For a moment, I let my mom talk and I went into my room and shed a few tears. I've had a hard life, I've learned to grow up all by my own wits, with almost no support(mom could not support me).

I always tought my dad would be depressed or something, or he was just a fucked up asshole, when I saw him on skype, I saw him in a new light, he was just so chill, and so comfortable, and I couldn't match that at all, I was overwhelmed, and could not trust to open up after all those years, and even now, its still gets me angry that 13 years later, they essentially call me to congratulate me. Either way, now I am not expecting or changing my path, Im still gonna live my normal life, and not change shit around in expentance of my money. But I still cant grasp or comprehend that I will be completely wealthy in the near future, its just so damn hard when I've struggled living poor, at most middle-class. If only they were always here for me when I needed it. God

• Summary: Mom and dad divorce over MJ usage and dad becoming schizophrenic over it
    • 13 years after not hearing from dad, we find each other through skype and chat and I see dad and grandfather
    • Grandfather essentially congratulates me, and welcomes me back into the family, with many assurances that I am from now on, well set, and am going to receive parts of the hundreds of millions of dollars that they have
    • I am still unable to absorb all of this, due to just being shocked, and years and years of having to endure growing by myself, and now dads sudden appearance makes me want to lash out, but yet I cant, because my dads side of the family are rich wealthy jerks, who are always better than everyone including you, and so I have to be like them, be part of them, and I kind of want to.

2. Well, it's not what I expected, I think you should get him to fly you and your mum over to see him, talk in person and maybe stay a few days to see what he's really like.

On thew money side, you could always give to charities or fly around the world smoking everyone up (including me) ;) haha. I hope things turn out well for you bro!

3. yea thanks bro. they're asking me to come and see them, and they will pay for my ticket, but I just dont know how

4. millions of dollars?
    swag

5. But probably not for a couple of years. Its just part of the deal, I have to create my own life, and it has to be great and acceptable for me to be OKd to get inheritance

6. I'd suck it up and take the money, i can only imagine how much it sucks to be in that situation (my parents are divorced, i can empathize to some degree) but the money will help you unbelievably in life. Especially if you had to work reasonably hard for it

7. you're mad about your dad reaching out to you? and for getting millions of dollars (eventually)?

huh....

8. Money doesn't replace time and time is too short; absorb as much as there is to know about your pa and his family.

9. Dude if your as nice as Mr.Deeds i hope you have a great life dont let the money get to you and please give the ASPCA so cash so they stop with the damn comercials.

10. sorry man, but that's the most ignorant thing i've read tonight.

11. consider yourself lucky man, its your right to be upset but there is much worse. i havent seen my father for about twelve years either, but im not getting millions of dollars from him or even talking to him.

just put it in the past and build a relationship with him, souns like your moms side of the family is rubbing off on you; avoid that.

12. What does your step mom sucking some damn good dick gotta even do with anything?? Are you going to put your penis in her mouth and fuck her when your dads asleep? please tell me you are.

13. aww man, i feel so sorry for this guy...it must be rough.

14. Lifes to shrot to be sad about shit that's allready happend dude

I got loads of shit wrong with me and my family but im still happy as fuck I coulf be pissed off about lots of things being poor, moms medical bills and problems my dads fucked up leg house is old as fuck and falling apart

the only thing that bugs me is my dealers are dry
    I ant got time to be sad man what im saying is cheer up man you live ones might as well do it with a stupid ass smile on your face and a dumbass spring in your step and a sweet ass joint in your mouth

that's how I look at life

15. This guy should really stop making threads