Afraid to grow on my own property...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by jurassicshark, May 10, 2009.

1. Hey, I'm in southern Ontario and I'm kind of afraid to grow on my own property. I've done it for fun (when I lived with my parents just a few plants nothing major) before just grew a couple never harvested, but now that I'm over 18 I'm kinda afraid.

Does anyone know If I grow a couple (less than 5) what my chances are of being caught? I don't know if they use choppers here or anything so I'm not sure. I just want some sick ass free bud, and I've researched a lot on growing in the past.

2. so your in canada and your worring about being caught with a few plants? unless your in like suburbs or city area with a small backyard or something than i wouldnt worry about shit if i were you dude.

3. #3 L.L.Rain, May 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2009
    yea i'm thinking of moving to canada just for that reason.
    i dont think they lock people up for plants there, which seems just and fair, i mean its a plant dude.
    found this at http://cannabisculture.com/articles/2958.html

Marijuana advocates across Canada are celebrating a May 16 Ontario court decision, which effectively legalized possession in Canada's largest province.
    On Friday, May 16, Ontario Superior Court Justice Steven Rogin upheld the lower court ruling of Justice Philips, concerning a case of pot possession in Ontario.
    Justice Rogin agreed that the federal government had failed in its obligation to change the law to allow for medical use of marijuana, and so the entire law was void.
    This decision is binding on Ontario's lower courts, which means that no-one can be convicted of pot possession in Ontario. This effectively means that marijuana is now legal in Canada's largest province.

Grow away dude, i'd grow 100+, if i was in your situation.:D

4. ^^ That's for possession, not growing. Is indoors an option at all? Otherwise, try grow em in a spot with other similarly coloured plants, I guess.

5. but if they have no posession law, do you think they go through that much trouble to bust a fairly small grow?
    i'm just speculating, i dont know the laws there or how they work it.
    it just seems like you could grow some ganja alot easier than the u.s. if posession is legal.

6. Just out of interest, does anyone live in the US and have their grow op in Canada??

7. #7 Jaded, May 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2009
    where on your property?
    near neighbours? hidden?

don't quote me on this, but i think the typical fine for growing 1-3 plants is a fine of $500.
    but there's a good chance that isn't true at all..

WHOA. wait.
    what's this about weed being legal in ontario? :confused:
    wouldn't i... know about this?

8. well they made it a bitch to cross the border now, you need a passport and the whole nine.
    that just started recently.
    my work is near canada, so i'm not that far away, that might be an idea:confused:
    i bet the penalty is much less if you do get popped.