Afraid Of Driveways??

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by TakeAHit04, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Hey so I'm really confused about this. So I have a really bad case of insomnia (which is why I smoke) and sometimes late at night I like to go to this creek by my house which is about 10 to 15 mins driving time. The creek is located by suburbs and I usually smoke a joint and walk around there at night when I can't sleep. Well one night I was walking by some houses near the creek when I noticed this house I was waking by, both their cars were on the left side of me instead of in the driveway. When I saw this while high, it confused the hell out of me as to why the people would park both their cars right before their driveway? There is nothing wrong with the driveway and it's big enough for both their cars but they just won't park there. I've walked by their house twice in different days and they have done it both nights. Here are some pictures I took. Why do you think they won't park in their driveway when nothing is wrong with it? Their house is in a court if that helps. 

Attached Files:

2. they are scared something will come pop out of the garage so they must keep a 10 foot distance from it.

3. Knock on their door and ask them.  Pretty sure its illegal to park like that though... here in the US anyways

4. hard to tell. take more pictures of your neighbors house at nigh, but use a brighter flash.

5. Maybe they feel that the cars will be more vulnerable to a break in if parked in the driveway

Once my dads truck wasnt fully on our driveway and we got a ticket for it, in our case the driveway was too small for the truck

6. My guess would be that they have cars in the garage and the garage people need to leave earlier so the other people parked on the street.  Or maybe they are afraid of driveways like i thought you were going to say you were; I was intrigued to say the least

7. Ya probably the garage monster might get them.

Pretty sure they will be pissed someone knocking on their door at 1 in the morning asking them about the way they park lol. And ya I think it is illegal also, I'm in California and my dad got a ticket for parking on the sidewalk in front of my house so I think it's illegal to park like that also. 

Sorry I only have my iphone to take pictures with. I can't go taking pictures with a camera late in the morning cause what if someone is watching outside their windows? Kinda sketch plus when I was taking these pictures I got freaked the hell out cause I thought I kept hearing noises from either behind the house of from one of their neighbors house. I'm pretty sure it was because I was high though. 

Wouldn't their cars be more vulnerable to break into if they are parked how they are parked now? Cause it's further away from their house and if they hear someone breaking into their cars, they would have to run all the way down their driveway.  The thing is that both their cars can fit into the driveway which what confuses me the most cause if they can park there and there's space why not park? 

Maybe, but they would still have to move their cars for the other cars to come out. I'm with you, it's interesting and confusing to think about. 

8. i was being sarcastic. you should NEVER take pictures of your neighbors house at night. thats how you get trayvoned.

9. Who care's man? Interesting thought though.

10. Maybe the guy who owns the cars got hit by a car coming out of the driveway in a past life.

11. was gna say maybe their bumper scrapes on their drive way wen pullin out but theyre parked weird as hell so im confused

12. If there was a car in that garage, it looks like a challenge to get out of. Either these people are queers, or its your house and this is the most advanced troll thread ever to be seen on GC. :eek:

13. break in the cars and find out

14. Lol funny shit I'm thinking maybe they booby trapped the front of the garage so someone falls in or my first and most formal opinion is they do that so stoners that smoke at night get weirded out by it and they take pictures of the stoner taking pictures and post em on some other forum....just my 2 cents

Sent from the underground

15. Because they simply prefer it that way. And because it's easier to pull in, and drive out.

16. that is so stupid lmfao

17. I can't tell by the pics but is it recently poured?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. My neighbors have two little girls and during the day when they are out playing they park there cars oddly at the end of the driveway just to keep their kids from running out into the road. Could be something like that. But why overnight idk.

19. Fuck the police!
    Real gangstas don't play by the rules...

20. They probably had some work done to their driveway... resprayed or filled some concrete cracks. Most of the time its better not to use the driveway until everything is dried 100%.