Afghanistan people throwing out US forces

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LSYouTiger, Mar 12, 2012.

1. So what are you saying Dutchy ?
    Demote him a rank ?
    Put him in a military prison for a few months ?

What do you think should be done ?

If this man murdered 16 people in the US he would be locked up for the rest of his life or if the state allows it executed.
    There is no excuse for what this man did.
    None.

And fyi it is a given that the US government and military are as guilty of these murders as the drone/drones responsible...

From looking at US MSM and watching the forums here and elsewhere it is very evident that Americans have become immune to being outraged by massacres such as what has happened here.
    It seems to me that the majority have accepted what is happening. They don't care anymore.
    The only lives that seem to matter are American ones.

Blaming the government and military for the crimes carried out by the US around the world is acceptable up to a point.
    But this was an American soldier serving in an American army serving the American government who were elected by the American people.
    You.

I have a lot of respect and time for some of my brother and sister blades on this forum and others that i frequent but this will not prevent me dancing a jig and celebrating the day that the American empire collapses...

But there is always hope, we have to have hope for the future and hopefully this massacre will be part of a bigger feeling of outrage that the sleeping careless American public will eventually wake up to and act upon...

2. And it's been over a decade, that's ten years in case you forgot, 8<10

:rolleyes:

3. #44 Americandutchyz, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2012
    I'm aware how long a decade is. Read my post again please. I said that theres an amount of years inactive and an amount of years active. So they started active, were sent to Iraq/Afghanistan, were retired from active duty, and then the government decided to call them back and redeploy them.

EDIT: so while I am sure there are some that re-upped to get back into these wars, but you are saying that they all are "neocon drones"...that was the statement I said was false.

4. #45 Americandutchyz, Mar 13, 2012
    I'm sure there was more to it than that. I'm not convinced that someone who is not fucked in the head does shit like this.

To smokinp. The fact that he did this obviously means something is fucked in his brain as either direct result of a combination of brain trauma and pyschological trauma (PTSD) or a pre-existing condition. So my argument still stands. So if you want to blame blame the people that enlisted him or our leaders and the people that cleared him "fit for duty".

EDIT: I think he should be properly psychologically assessed. I'm not a very big proponent of the death penalty. I think that he should be put in the maximum security military prison for the rest of his life if this is not a direct result of his tours in Iraq and his (I stand corrected minor) brain injury.

If it is a direct result of the above, than he should be put in a mental institution. Thats my opinion.

5. I know how it works I already did my time.

And again, the ten years is still longer than the years on active duty plus reserve, so everyone over there knows exactly what they're getting. Or what they're reenlisting for...

6. #47 Americandutchyz, Mar 13, 2012
    Thats false.

Like I said there are career military people that will re-enlist regardless of whether theres a war on or not. There are also special forces that are extremely dedicated to their jobs and will also re-up.

You can also sign a contract for longer if you wish, and I'm sure the people who enlisted pre 9/11 weren't expecting shit to go down.

Also, I don't understand why the concept that someone wants to be in the military and isn't a mindless drone that believes everything he hears and swallows everything that is spewed is so hard to understand. I sure as fuck don't believe everything the government does and I understand full well that our government is flawed in its foreign policy and other domestic policy, this however doesn't mean that I don't want to go into the military and do my time.

Oh, not to mention the fact that people join due to the hard economic times (lack of work/funds for college etc.). So think before you label a group of more than 1,500,000 people with a derogatory term.

7. well why else would you?

other than the hired mercenary "i'll slaughter people if the price is right" need money/no jobs people

8. Good god you guys just don't get it. Its not about the politics. Fuck the politics. I stand behind my country and want to do my time I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks about it.

I have the decency to respect you guys opinion. However you label a whole group of people one thing? This is at its base discrimination.
    Hypocrisy at its best.

I'm going into the USMC next winter and I'm not a "neocon drone", like I've said before I don't believe everything I hear/see. Its not about the politics and I geuss people will never understand that. I don't care what you think about it because I have my own reasons for going in.

shit.. at least I'm doing something. Bitching on an internet forum only goes so far guys :laughing: :D.

9. I appreciate your service, and I'm sure the people on this thread do as well.

But I do hope you know your fighting a rich white man's war...

10. #51 Tripace, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012
    News flash!!! YOU are a mindless drone then. If you enlist, knowing full well you're going to get sent over to fight these bullshit wars, then you are signng up to be a mindless drone.
    The US military is NOT "defending our freedoms" over there, they are over there trying to keep a bullshit puppet government in place so that they can make money off of the oil. They are only there to support corporations that want to continue making record profits, at the EXPENSE of the rest of us, in tax dollars.
    You will not be serving the country in any way shape or form, only the corporations that own our corrupt government.

Just keep that running through your mind when you get shot and you're laying there dying. You are sacrificing your life for nothing. :wave:

Oh, and you were wrong, you reenlist after your active duty is up, not reserve, if you originally enlisted for four, you do four active, reenlist for another four, then if you decide not to re-up, you do your four reserves, so yes, I'm still right, everybody over there knows exactly what they would be doing at the time of enlistment.

And anyone with enough sense not to be a mindless drone just would not enlist right now, plain and simple. When I was in the service, if 9/11 had happened then, I would have gone to Afghanistan at first, cause that's where Bin Laden was,but then when Bush started Iraq, if they'd tried to send me there, I would've told them to fuck themselves, they had nothing to do with 9/11, and we've got no business being there. Right now, there's no logical reason for anyone but a mindless drone to enlist, just to go occupy these other countries we have no business being in right now. We got Bin Laden, it's mission accomplished, now bring them the fuck home and be done with it.

11. So what about the people who join and hold a non-combat (or supporting) role for the entire term of their enlistment?

12. #53 Tripace, Mar 14, 2012
    I don't. There's absolutely no logical reason to join knowing your going just to occupy another country we have no business occupying.

[ame]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fc6_1310171914[/ame]

This chick did this video last year, good video, well explained...!

13. The next time an al qaeda-type terrorist group tries to mount a terrorist campaign against America, I hope that the potential host country takes a long, hard look at what happened to Afghanistan for allowing them to do it there.

14. they are supporting the conquest.... voluntarily....

perhaps they get a step down on the list for only half killing people.

perhaps not.

15. pretty much... what tripace said.

maybe you aren't a neocon drone, but you are a puppet of the neocon masterminds, and worse, a knowing puppet of the neocon masterminds.

I mean you know the wars are unjust and you still enlist out of a sense of duty to the country that wants to send you to die for their cash flow....
    wtf sort of sense of duty is that... "serve my time"... for what?

to reiterate, what tripace said.

and for the record, you are actively perpetrating the very thing we are against.
    That leaves us "internet bitchers" still ahead of you in terms of trying to fix the problems.

16. #57 Americandutchyz, Mar 14, 2012
    Dude, you went a bit over the top on this one, made a lot of unnecessary comments that if you had said to my face...well lets just leave that comment there. I could report this post if I want, and if I made a post like the above one, I'm sure you would but I'm not like that.

Yes there is a potential that when I enlist I will be sent to war.. We're out of Iraq, the only place I could be sent is Afghanistan. However, theres also the potential that I don't get sent there. A lot of what you said here is inaccurate, for example:

We're out of Iraq, that was the country with the oil, Afghanistan doesn't have the abundance of oil that Iraq had. So I don't really know what your on about here.

This is one of the "over the top" comments I was referring to. You can call me a "mindless neocon drone" all you want because of your extreme leftist agenda, but this is just disrespectful not only to me but to every single US soldier that died in these past wars in the ME. This comment makes me doubt the fact that you:

If you were in the military and have ever seen action you wouldn't have said something like that. I know that for a fact. I'll die for something greater and more worth dying for than you ever will and you'll never understand that so frankly I don't give a fuck what your opinion on the matter is.

Wow, you really do have a thick skull. Obviously, you have to re-up if you want to stay active duty and not be retired after 4 years. What I was saying is that the people that said fuck it and went inactive...got called back and you can re-enlist whether your in the reserves or at the end of your active duty tour. Hope I made it clear this time and don't have to repeat it. So your still wrong.

Looks like you were guilty of being a "Neocon Drone" there too if your claim of being in the military is in fact true. You are one of the biggest hypocrites/flip floppers I've ever seen. So... lets make this clear for everyone to see..
    You say here that American troops are "over there" to do this.. While we are not in Iraq anymore (besides some private contractors), and are boosting the amount of troops in Afghanistan, than you say this..

If you were so against it than wouldn't you have burned your deployment orders in front of your commanding officer like the throwback 70s era leftist you are??

Whether its mission accomplished or not is debatable imo. Pakistan's intelligence agency is still working with the taliban, and when/if we leave, the taliban will set up their little muslim dictatorship faster than you can throw your own shit at a returning soldier!:)

17. I'm not a puppet of jackshit whether I'm in the military or not. A man always has a choice, sounds cheesy but true. You can choose to carry out an order or not no matter which uniform your wearing. At least the next time theres an unjust war, or just war, whatever, you get it, I'll have the opportunity to do some good while you sit here and type away bitching about my presence there...

Maybe this is a foreign concept to you.. to serve my time.. for... waittttt forrrr itttttt... My country and, to fight for all of yous right to keep on bitching and moaning until the end of time! :D Honestly the fact that I'll be fighting for your right to keep spewing the bullshit that you do would be more of a factor not to go in for me hahaha :laughing:

18. LOL I don't need, of all people, your appreciation..keep it, save it for someone who gives a fuck. If people like you aren't bitching about wars... well then I know something is really going wrong.. :laughing:

19. [​IMG]

:cool::rolleyes: