Afghan Kush Ryder (First) Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by chrisland98, Jul 23, 2014.

1. #1 chrisland98, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
    Medium:peat moss and perlite 
    Light: 2x60 watt incandescent plant lights
              1x 75 watt incandescent plant light
             3x 13 watt cfls 
    I planted straight into soil

2. #2 chrisland98, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
    CAM00255.jpg
    Day 1 
    CAM00256.jpg
    Day 2
    CAM00257.jpg
    Day 3
    CAM00259.jpg
    Day 4
    CAM00260.jpg
    Day 5
    CAM00262.jpg
    Day 6 

I stay pretty busy so I might not be able to post everyday.
    This is my first grow so I'm looking to get any helpful input a more experienced grower is willing to share with me. I'll be taking pictures every 24 hours but I most likely won't be able to upload them each day, so most of my post will probably be clustered like this one.

3. Hope you check your journal for advice lol but your girl is stretched like crazy those lights need to be way way way way closer by the time your plants that tall you should have like 3 noids already...

4. Put them only a few inches from your girl

5. Put them only a few inches from your girl

6. dont use incadescent lights... they wont work for plants use cfls... and pit the bulb about 4 inches away from the plant

"The pharmacuetical industry doesnt create cures, they create customers"

7. #8 chrisland98, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014
    Ok, so here's an update. I replaced the lights with five 42 watt cfls. I thought she was a little to tall, she was starting to droop a little bit just because she was too thin to support her height. I'm hoping that upgrading the lights will bring her back around. I did some research on autoflowering plants and heard some people say that they root really deep really quick and that if you didn't have them in a deep enough pot it could stunt the plant's growth. I had her in a jiffy pot on the inside of the ceramic one so when i lifted the jiffy pot out i could see her taproot had already reached the bottom so i filled a deeper pot with some more soil and just put the jiffy pot in it. I also made a co2 generator just in case. I'll be keeping a close eye on her and posting some more pics once I get her in better shape.

8. I've got two fans set up to provide a steady airflow, I heard that it causes micro tears that thicken and strengthen the stems 

9. She's looking a lot better now that I put in cfls. She's not drooping anymore and I can see a new set of leaves forming, I'm hopeful that she'll be fully recovered soon enough.

10. Yeah shes already got four new leaves coming in and is thickening up 

11. Pics bro and great recovery if you wanted to get it closer to the lights set your pot on cd case then remove as they grow

12. She's still pretty stretched but she isn't drooping like she did before, I didn't add any photos of her drooping so you'll have to take my word for it. You can see the first set of four leaves coming in, there's another set growing but it's still pretty small so I don't know if it's distinguishable on my phone's camera.
    CAM002692.jpg
    CAM002681.jpg
    CAM002671.jpg
    CAM002661.jpg
    CAM002651.jpg
    CAM002642.jpg
    CAM002632.jpg

13. No wait game bro you need cool white bulbs not yellow and cfls have to be within a couple inches from the plant I will come back with pics of how short they stay and I don't have a ton of light

14. I normally keep them closer I had just moved them for the picture, also I've heard some say that the color of the light isn't as important when concerning an auto-flowering plant.