Afghan, BlueBerry Northern Lights - An Indoor And Outdoor Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Ludwig Von Mises, Sep 27, 2013.

1. My old man and I have decided to start a low-key grow together and I'm happy to share the progress with you guys! This is my first grow, so insights and suggestions are more than welcome. We've decided to grow both inside and outside to maximise yield on a limited budget.

Indoor Setup

Strain(s): Northern Lights x 5, BlueBerry x 5
    Lighting: 600W HPS
    Grow Medium: Coco soiless mix with 25% perlite
    Grow Room: 1.2m x 1.2m x 2.0m Grow tent
    Nutrients: Dutch Master - Gold Range A & B

Outdoor Setup

Strain(s): Pure Afghan x 6
    Grow Medium: High quality potting soil
    Nutrients: Dutch Master - Gold Range A & B

Funny story when it came to acquruing seeds. The company that sent me my seeds orginially sent me the wrong order, which I didn't mind seeing as I got more expensive seeds. A week later, without even having to contact them about the wrong order, I got another package with the right seeds! I ended up with $60 worth of seeds for free - big ups to www.marijuana-seeds.nl.

I'll be updating this journal at least twice a week and answering posts as often as possible.

2. I just realised the 'BB' markings on the bag of seeds I got for free could be either BlueBerry or Big Bud. I guess we'll all know pretty soon!

3. Here are some flicks of the Afghans, now 6 days old. Unfortunately two of the seedlings seemed to have died but the others are doing fantastic. I apologize for the quality of the pictures, I had to take them with my phone.

afghan1.jpg
    Afghan2.jpg
    Afghan3.jpg

The Northern Lights seeds had finished germinating this morning and have been transferred to rockwool. They're currently kicking it in the sun until my dad and I finish setting up the grow room tomorrow.

NL_Dome.jpg

4. Good luck!

5. Hey guys, here's a quick update. The Afghans are doing well, they're now a week and a half old. Unfortunately one of the seeds had trouble shedding its shell, which I ended up taking off myself. It stunted the growth quite a bit but I'm hoping shell bounce back soon:

2.jpg

We finally finished setting up the indoor grow room to which we added both the Northern Lights and ( BigBud or Blueberry ). The NL's have sprouted but the BB's only finished germinating yesterday, so hopefully they will pop tonight:

1.jpg

My old man thought he had a 600watt balast but it's only 400 watt so we had to use a 600w HPS bulb with the 400 ballast, will this cause any problems?