Aeroponics 0.5m2 / SANlight Q6W

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by DeathZone, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Yo 64 Days. Ec 1.7 Led 140 watts, what you can see on the leafes is what is left after foliar co2 aplication.

Thanks

DSC00603.JPG
    DSC00607.JPG

DSC00608.JPG

DSC00609.JPG

DSC00610.JPG

2. Yo.

Today is 69th Day from the seed. I gave them a lot of co2 in this grow. It does not happen very often that i do a foliar spray after second week of flowering but in here i have been spraying them at least twice a week ( although the company suggest to use this co2 once per 3 weeks :). Today as well they have been foliar sprayed, but todays foliar was one of the last ones and it was with pure water. I am spraying them with pure water now till the point when this white stuff ( left after foliar feeding with co2 ) will be gone off the leafes. Some of the flowers are already looking quite allright, but most of the leafes still has this white

DSC00616.JPG
    DSC00619.JPG

DSC00620.JPG

DSC00625.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  3. .... spotting on but this is completely normal and it is a sign of good application. I want to get rid of this just to make some photos to the album.

4. Yo ! 74 days from the seed.

When comparing to the soil, each aero i had ( had 3 so far ) is different. I would not say they grow faster ( You could ask how can i be sure if i did not do the comparison on clones ? And you would be right if you asked that,.... it could have been the seeds etc..., .... It is weird, but for me it just looks like they grow longer, all 3 grows over 90 days ... Are they bigger than they would by in the soil ? No idea as well, haven't tested on the cuts. Maybe one day i will do the tests.

Overall this grow is pretty cool, with few surprises*. In soil grows are constant and easy , in aero you have to be flexible like prostitutes in Paris, in XV century.

Surprise no 1.

I did not told you about this, because i thought it will be over of this grow, but once in this grow my pump stopped working for few hours ( it must have been few hours, plants looked like those in soil without watering for a long time. 90 % of one plant died ( managed to save two stems, the youngest stems as you can expect) . I had to cut 50% of another plant :( , and few stems from few other plant as well had to be cut. Plants looked really poor :( ...
    Pump is ok, and I am not sure why it has stopped working ? I have checked the cables, turned it off and on again and it works fine. It must have been something with the connection to the pump as the timer worked just fine, and was still counting the time...

Second surprise - this was my fuck up. I trained one plant and broke the main stem. I have done that many times in the past, and most of the times I have managed to save it, glue it with a tape, but did not saved it this time. The biggest plant just lost main stem, but auxins did their job and other stems grew great.

Few photos

DSC00634.JPG

DSC00635.JPG

DSC00636.JPG

DSC00637.JPG

DSC00638.JPG
    DSC00639.JPG

5. YO. 78 days. as you can see the one o

DSC00647.JPG

DSC00653.JPG

DSC00654.JPG
    DSC00659.JPG

DSC00660.JPG

DSC00661.JPG

DSC00652.JPG

6. I can see your pretty lonely in her so I will tag along. Haha. Anyways what kind of light or lights are you using?

7. Hi,

it is led light - 3 x clu058, and it works on dimmable MeanWell 240watts watts, the Lamp is cooled all the time by a fan attached to the lamp, the driver is currently set on 140 watts. Each one of these 3 leds ( as the lamp is build out of 3 leds ) is over 300 watts so the max is over 900 watts... now it only works on @ 15 percent.... To make it more powerfull ( more than mine drivers maximum 240 watt) all I have to do is : change the driver on more powerful ( lets say 500watts, but obviously not on 0.5m2 but at least 1.5m2 ).
    Now Led is around 90 cm above the plants. Younger plants under 18/6 can only ''accomodate'' 80 watts from these powerfull leds -... this is i would say safe power for the seedings on 0.5 m2 and youn plants
    I set up leds power accordingly to the plant health and growth. Now, and till the end it will be set up at 140 watts. 140 watts on 18/6 is for my plants maximum on 0.5 m2 with these 3 leds clu058

hope that helps thanks :)

8. Some photos of this lamp

DSC00687.JPG

this is the driver

DSC00688.JPG

fan:

DSC00681.JPG

* an optic on these leds - 120 degree bubble optic
    * 1 fan that cools an led ( seen on the photo ) has a speed control, when lamp is set up on 80 watts it is virtually silent, and anyway it is silent :)

9. wanted to add some more photos of the buds and something extra

DSC00683.JPG

DSC00684.JPG

DSC00685.JPG
    DSC00686.JPG

The plants have been treated with a ripen. Not a biggest fan of this stuff but i will not smoke it just like that...
    Plants will go through the Pollen Extractor ( seen on the photos ) This is really cool and small compact stuff, we should all have one. Only the trichomes can get through this mesh ( 180 microns )

How pollen extractor works ?

You open this tube, crush the weed and put it inside , close the tube, close the box, turn it on on low speed, and wait... .... it goes round in this box for around 20-30 minutes and extracts all the crystals. In the end of the process you get all the crystals at the bottom of the box. Basically in a simple logic - something like washing machine.

DSC00689.JPG

DSC00690.JPG

10. Yo !

I have harvested my plants on the 1st of August. It was their 94th day since germination. Now harvested they are in one big container, I have only got the tallest plant separated in the bowl ( You can clearly see this plant on the photo ). Some photos of the stuff. Plants are pretty cool, lots of resin, buds were everywhere, small buds as you can expect from led, different structure, but hundreds of them... Trim as you can see is poor but I just can not be really bothered with that. Now the stuff is drying in the wardrobe. I have a heater there, the ventilation works all the time, plus fan inside the bix. There is no smell as i have this phresh filter. On the sixth of august i will put it all on the scale and we'll see. There will few ounces in here. We ll see ! Ok, not really dried yet but i will get high !!! Guys and girls have a good Sunday :)

DSC00701.JPG DSC00705.JPG
    DSC00703.JPG
    DSC00706.JPG
    DSC00707.JPG
    DSC00708.JPG
    DSC00714.JPG
    DSC00716.JPG
    DSC00719.JPG
    DSC00720.JPG
    DSC00723.JPG
    DSC00721.JPG

11. Yo Guys.

Time to finish this grow and start another one.
    There was 140 grams of dried weed out of this set up.
    Some photos of the stuff out of this grow, all packed in the storage, few jars with a 1 liter of Jack. ( picture of the crops with a bottle of something to compare to. You can see the pheno is quite loose )

DSC00750.JPG
    DSC00756.JPG
    DSC00757.JPG

New Grow. An automatic plants, mixed from 2 seedbanks - BioGenetic, GrowSeed. I am not sure which plant is which, but as long as it looks like cannabis and grow nice i like it.

White widow,
    Super lemon haze,
    Nyc Diesel
    Blue Dream
    Nepal Hash
    Pink Kush
    Amnesia Cookies Kush
    White Russian

. Some plants are week old, some just got into the water, cubes, and did not even make it through a wool yet.
    We will see how it goes. I really like 4 plants now, you can see clearly which plants. One plant is a mutant, it is still in the system and maybe it will stay. We will see how it goes.

System works the same as before: 80 watt led during veg, then 120 and maybe 140. System got an upgrade it is a small foam at the bottom of the box. It is warmer in the box and i think a bit less noise as well ( this system was super quiet anyway but i think it is even more quiet now. Definitely it is warmer )

DSC00735.JPG

DSC00736.JPG
    DSC00737.JPG
    DSC00738.JPG
    DSC00739.JPG

DSC00740.JPG

DSC00741.JPG

DSC00742.JPG
    This may die, if it dies it will be replaced with something else or i will have less plants... - we'll see.

DSC00743.JPG
    DSC00744.JPG

DSC00745.JPG
    DSC00747.JPG
    Take it easy guys and have a good day !

12. Yo !

It has been few days more than 2 weeks since i have started this grow. Some plants are a bit bigger as you can expect, some just sprouted, all together there is 13 plants.

EC = 1.3
    LED = 80 watt
    Temp 18-24

these plants grew in a sort of selfmade greenhouse as you can see on the previous photos, but now they are straight under an led. I keep them in a small greenhouse for 2,3 weeks to effectively adjust humidity level

DSC00774.JPG

Yo

13. Yo. A small update.

DSC00777.JPG

14. Yo.

It has been something like 30 days now for the biggest plants. Few photos below...
    have a great Sunday. Sunday is a space cake day :)

DSC00778.JPG

DSC00779.JPG

DSC00780.JPG

DSC00781.JPG

15. Yo.

Let's say it has been 40 days for the biggest plants and 25 for the smallest. There has been an upgrade to the system. To be more accurate i have upgraded my LED from CLU058 to Sanlight Q6W 215WATT. I have chosen Sanlight as one of my friends said I should check this product if I have an opportunity. This LEDS are hi-end made by Osram and I am very happy ( even now when i know Osram has been sold to new Owner ) because i have started my adventure with Hps Osram Vialox Nav Son-T. Distance from the canopy - i have 70 cm ( just to be safe in here, I do not know yet how this led will work, you know what i mean, i have got to be safe, i will see how it goes and if it is fine i will lower it ... ) We will see how it goes. Some photos

DSC00806.JPG

DSC00808.JPG

DSC00811.JPG

DSC00815.JPG

DSC00816.JPG

DSC00817.JPG

DSC00818.JPG

DSC00819.JPG
    Have a good day guys and girls !

16. Why the hell do you have black plastic on the walls? You want to make them more reflective. Should have used panda film or Mylar.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. Hi, thanks for this question. I do not need to reflect anything in here because i have more light than i need anyway. I had Mylar before on top of this black plastic and there was too much light, so i had to take it off ( if you worked with a powerful led on small area you would know what i mean ) and this black plastic is there as it apparently reflects infrared. Whether it works or not this is a different story, one thing is for sure I am still here and hopefully i will remain in here.

thanks

18. Yo.
    It has been 47 days since this grow has started. The oldest plants - 47 days, youngest 32. It has been a week since a light has been upgraded. I am not going to say that this light is a miracle ( even if it is and some of you already knows this ) because i do not know this yet, and i have to check this and test it on myself ... Best comparisons would be on clones anyway and that is not possible where i live. It looks like plants like this light ???, They started to eat more nutrients, ec goes down with water - i like when ec goes down :) . It looks like they have more apetite now. Plants hace had their first foliar co2 application, and i will be bombarding them with co2 regularly in here.

few photos

DSC00838.JPG

DSC00839.JPG

DSC00840.JPG

as you can see in a week i am going to have a jungle in here and this is cool because I like the forest !!!

19. Yo 53 Days.

Plants are nice and healthy. I have raised an Ec up to 1.6 - 1.7 ...The best ec meter in the world, in the end of the day, are the leafs and they told me : we need more food man, ...fuckin starving in here...
    First i thought it is the led (i thought it is too powerful and too close to the canopy and it is burning the chlorophyll ), but they were just hungry, and became lighter, so i Did gave them more food ..., When i look at them I know i can not tell yet what is their appetite on cal and magnesium under this light ? They became hungry overall, but I am not sure yet how does their cal mag goes down ??? Under clu058 i had to supplement an extra cal mag each time i changed my reservoir. I am giving them an extra cal mag in here as well.

DSC00854.JPG

DSC00855.JPG

DSC00856.JPG

DSC00857.JPG

DSC00858.JPG

DSC00859.JPG

DSC00860.JPG

DSC00861.JPG

Yo !

20. Please tell me the top pics aren’t when you harvested?