Aeroponics For Beginners

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by aerosub, Apr 17, 2011.

1. I have been growing White Widow plants for the past 3 months using a CFL 300 Watt light.

Tired of waiting i have been trying to research on how to grow the most efficient way. After buying MARIJUANA HORTICULTURE MEDICAL GROWER'S BIBLE BY JORGE CERVANTES
    i have decided to grow with a 600 Watt High Pressure Sodium light. With 150 Lumen's per watt compared to 70 lumen's per watt using the CFL it should shorten up the process time.

I also read of growing with Aeroponics.

I have been watching some videos on you tube and was looking at making one myself.

Here is the link to a aeroponic set up like the one i have in mind.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq1QSDLNKqE&NR=1&feature=fvwp]YouTube - Aeroponic/Hydroponic Growing Chamber[/ame]

If anyone has any information on how to grow using the same set up as in this video, it would be appreciated.

I have recently moved from the Canary Islands to a country where Ganja is hard to find therefore my only solution is to grow my own. I will upload pics and videos throughout the process however i must stress guidance is needed.

Thanks again my fellow smokers!!!

2. I had the same setup in mind for my next grow. Would like some more info as well! Parts look relatively cheap to construct with basic skills. Ive only grown in soil so far so I'm not much help to ya. Anyone else? What size water pump does this require?

3. I have experience with these. Good cheap systems, easy to build. If you have questions ask here.

4. Hi Bruno129,
    Thanks for getting involved on my post. I have bought all the equipment and have assembled it. i bought a 1500 Liter submersible pump which has enough pressure to wash my car lol.
    How often should i change the water???
    What could you recommend for nutrients throughout all stages???

Looking forward to your response bruno,

Thanks again,

AEROSUB

5. Id recommend changing the water once a week.

I find GH 3-Part works the best for aeroponics. It's very soluble and doesn't clog sprayers and, its cheap and available everywhere. I only use Micro and Bloom mainly, but if I get a nitorgen deficiency I'll mix in some grow, I also use it with seedlings and fresh clones.

Here's the breakdown:

Seedlings + Mild growth 1 part Grow, 1 part Bloom, 1 part Micro (300-500PPM)
    The rest of Veg 2 parts Bloom, 1 part Micro (500-800PPM) Build up gradually
    Flowering 2 parts Bloom, 1 part Micro (700-1000PPM) Build up gradually

It seems like the plants need less nutes than usual in low pressure aeroponics, go easy on them.

6. Hey guys how it goin? I recently started experimenting with aeroponics and I use FHD Holland secret.. it made for aero so no clogged misters. Its 3 part base and the flowering additives are. Powder but its turbo milled so it dissolves in cold water.. had huge difference in vigor and size plants since switchingfrom gh 3 part.. anyways just built an aero cloner life rumple foreskins "let's build a bubble cloner" and gonna be building one like this soon. One thing I would suggest if you building it thesame way is to add more misters and maybe one more misster line. And an airstone bringing it fresh air.. alot of debate about the system already having enough air in it.... true but new fresh air can never hurt.. but can't wait to see your progress man.. happy growin an smokin!
    Ps this is my mister base for my 5 gal cloner. In the bucket is attached to a. 400gph pump... hope this helps

Attached Files: