Aeroponic setup

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Fordfanatic01, May 24, 2008.

1. Hello, i am seriously hope-in I'm not posting this in the wrong area...

I have spent many hrs researching and planing my setup and think i have settled on the setup i want. I'm looking at getting a Aeroponics 36 site system, Hydohut 4x4x6, 1000w HPS, and CO2 will come in on my second or third grow.... and i have Questions.

When growing on an aeroponics system, how high should I let my plants be able to get to? Also is it possible to do a perpetual setup with it? I do plan on having a mother plant and cloning it out. Most importantly, what are some good nutes (being my first hydro grow)

I don't wish to skimp out on anything and rather pay the money now than later down the road to end up at the same place.

2. I'm certainly far from experienced, but I've done countless hours of researching as well and am now on my first aeroponics grow...

A perpetual grow is completely possible with an aeroponics setup as long as you have the mother and clones separated from your flowering room I'm assuming the 36 plant site you ordered will be used for flower? if so you'll also need to invest in some CFL's, fluoros or an MH for veg with the mother and clones... then you'll need to completely separate them from the flowering plants...

After a lot of research, I chose the Advanced Nutrients Sensi Grow and Bloom (A&B) and they've been doing great things for my young plants, and being completely new to growing, they are fairly easy to use.

Hopefully this in some way helped you as I was where you are a couple months ago... but leave the answers up to the pro's who may also answer this

3. only thing I'm worried about is the amount of space, 36 plants is 1sqft per plant in the Hydro hut XL I'm going to order, but I'm worried that would be too dense. i have heard you only need 1sqft per plant when SOG (correct me if I'm wrong) and having them top out at 3-3 1/2 ft should do well. I'm considering building my own Aero36 for the money (the extra $ saved goes towards more strains of bud)but its tempting to have it all read to put together rather then build. I will have a diff room for the veg and clone (that's a given). Ill prob have a DWC setup like Rumples bubble bucket system for the mothers and have 4 of them to make the clones (4 plants x 8 cuttings each = 36)

Another question... if i ran a perpetual setup, what do i do about nutes for the ones that are older? since they all run on the same res?

4. I agree with HerbalRemedies on the nutrients. It's possible to grow great bud on mid-grade nutrients, but it's not easy at all. And of everyone I know that's grown with AN nutes the only ones that had even average results were idiots.

One guy - friend of mine, coolest guy you could know, just not that smart - figured he'd double his yield with double the nutes. Damn near killed his ladies, but they recovered after I told him to flush and he ended up with some very decent stuff. Would've been better if he'd just followed directions but what can you do.

So yeah, buy good stuff and you grow good stuff.

As far as nutes for perpetual grows... I don't know for certain on that since I haven't tried it. But I'd imagine you can find a middle ground that doesn't burn the babies but doesn't totally starve the adults. It wouldn't be ideal for everyone, but it'd work.

If someone knows for sure, please let us know. I'm curious myself now.