aeroponic-model-4z0-stoner-experiment-5263199-rev_3-a.2866132

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by trojangrower, Jan 15, 2022.

1. what high maintenance ? All I've been doing is recording the pH and EC. I will need to clean/replace sprayers at the end of the cycle. I will have to watch out for the 'rat tail' because I only used rocks, but once I flip the tail, its usually the end of that problem. I'll do this when the plant gets bigger, when I move it to a larger area. But there is no difference other than that. Other than training, all the work is done at the reservoir. This has honestly been such a hands-free grow (DIY work excluded).

• Like Like x 1
  2. Also, emptying the res is easy in this system, see
    upload_2022-2-7_13-45-56.png
    one needs just to undo the quick connect behind the manifold, place the hose in a pail, and turn on the pump. A little bit of water remains below the pump line, but I just lift the res when there's that little.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. the sprayers avail at the time were the weak point..they were always clogging and impossible to clear without great hassel..probally got better stuff these days

• Like Like x 1
  4. The sprayers can clog is right, but the pump is in a filter bag. I should add another filter on the return, but ime its caused problems.
    But yea, a bag of those sprayers is cheap, there's still a bit of work involved, although I would say less than DWC (ie. building a system).
    Remember DWC has its problems too (small containers also roots in the res, etc), and its not to say that this aero model is end-all. Its just something I been working on last couple years with all the blades. I've just seen one other person use this info to make another model, but they never finished their journal :/

I really want you to try some of these innovations bro, but tbh, with your grow deck and that rack, I would look into NFT with some 3-6" PVC pipe, and some sprayers, and grow a bunch of stuff, including food. You've got the sun !
    upload_2022-2-7_13-59-51.png

• Like Like x 2
  5. i built a NFT rig long ago..used it one grw..it was not the answ for me at the time..but i did'nt know what i know now..lotta chngs in 25yrs..i'm done building rigs outta HT..perfectly happy wit dwc

• Like Like x 1
  6. For me I found an 8 gallon container that was 3 inches shorter than a bucket. After a full grow, my roots still have room.

Abd I'm not trying to derail you thread. Always keep trying new things. I've wasted more money experimenting than you can shake a stick at.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. its all good, i don't mind criticism and want progress. If I am doing things that are stupid, point it out, but so far, this plant is really Loving it.

8. boom
    upload_2022-2-14_22-56-23.png
    upload_2022-2-14_22-56-56.png
    upload_2022-2-14_22-58-31.png
    gonna have to move and flip her soon.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Looking great

• Like Like x 1
  10. thanks bro :) Imma have to do some HST soon, going to be tricky!

11. How are you liking the light? I’m still on the fence for my king brite 650w
    What color you get 3000k or 3500k?

• Like Like x 1
  12. I like this light a lot, I have the 3500K. Kinda speaks for itself with the size (of the plant) and all. Soon though I will be testing the Bridgelux diodes off the Mars lights. I tested the SP3000 but will test the 4800 soon to compare.

• Like Like x 1
  13. This week really blows for me. Now I gone and I wrecked my plant. I was trying to be careful but one of the mains snapped at the branch point, so I cut the other one off and screened it.
    I suppose its ok, just destroyed about 1/2 the yield, but I have other projects going and will just leave this plant in the 2x4 as is. Still though, I fkt up.
    Here's before
    upload_2022-2-20_16-47-6.png
    and After
    15 Feb 20 2022.JPG
    It is what it is.

The point of this work is to offer progressive methods for growing cannabis, which is obvious this aero method is very good.
    BUT I did need to lift the plant to check the roots and had my wife pull the root tail back up and over. This problem still occurs...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Sucks but she is far from dead !!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. upload_2022-2-28_23-42-8.png
    been about a week now. They got another week to stretch some... but I'm still only using ~120W of lighting.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. are you ussing a funguscide in your res? its pretty much manditory in our situation..i use AFF (agricultural friendly funguscide) and cpl flushes thru the run so i'm nvr forced to pull rootball for inspection

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. yes I do. I use EarthAlive and some RootShield. I need to investigate the roots because they grow into the drain tube. I have a rat-tail about 4' long hanging on my wall to remind me.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ya thass a inherent problem in any systm wit a drain sadly.. mom nature is a greedy bitch at times

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. I've tried many things to stop this problem; I wonder if that happens in bato buckets (probably lol). I think the most success I had was stuffing a copper scrub pad into the drain. Roots didn't like that much. Someone suggested an air space... like how the roots stop at the end of a pot, but then there would be some sick evaporation going on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. I have been really sick in the last 10 days with covid and let my plant get out of control.
    I mean, first we snap off a couple mains and then I ignore the plant, and its kinda too bad.
    Also, I don't think the KB is going to cut it. I like the lights, but the plant is out of control...
    100_0226.JPG
    I have decided to full out scrog the plant in hope of regaining some control. Therefore this will be the last entry in this journal. For more information relating to this grow, please see
    Emergency Rescue with Mars FC 4800