Aeroponic model 4Z0 Stoner Experiment #1745183

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by trojangrower, May 26, 2019.

1. I like to elevate my buckets just a few inches above the res. If you get a power outage then no flooding.
    My res I got from Lowes, it and 4 buckets hold around 20 gallons of water. I need this as at they drink 5+ gallons per day in flowering mode.
    Also if you set the res outside the tent then the water temp will easier to control if you don't have a chiller.

20190405_160103.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. upload_2019-12-16_14-58-40.png
    yes, the plants are elevated above the res in this model.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nice looking shrub, damn near a tree

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. oh dang thats' then, this is now,
    upload_2019-12-16_15-43-22.png
    too bad she's hermi'n. Found a few nanners, but I'm not chopping her yet.
    edit* measured from the trellis.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ready to decorate for Christmas.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. A little update on the drainage system:

View attachment 2726098
    This time around I used some larger stones to fill the area around the bulkhead drain. Make sure to use stones that are larger than the drain hole (my drain is 3/4"). I placed a piece of the copper into the drain. I covered everything with 2 layers of agricultural weed barrier, similar to this
    View attachment 2726100

I will be harvesting the plants within a week and examine the root system and will let you know (see) what is going on. Again, no problems this time around with drainage.

• Like Like x 1
  7. @trojangrower
    You better get that copper out of there. That might be the cause of the herm's.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. You might be right, but it didn't cause any hermi'n last time. Also, I may not need it, I will evaluate the roots after this harvest.
    I tend to blame the hermi'n on (a) genetics, (b) light leaks, and (c) spectra, but there's definitely other causes (ie. stressors). After I got back from a 10 day hiatus, my wife confessed that she would come home at night and turn the light on to prepare the solution and feed the plant (instead of doing it in the morning like I asked); major nono. Also, the plants are getting too hot, but they are getting too close to the lights; I didn't want them to stretch soo much but that is because I don't have enough blue light in there (I suspect). Sativa stressing under too much red ? maybe.
    Other plant systems use copper like that in the drain system, but you are correct in suspecting it. If the barrier and rocks work alone, I will stop using it, but if the roots only stop where the copper is, than it would be a benefit (in this system).
    I will post the results when I get them.

*note people, HD's concerns regarding the copper are valid as they could potentially solubilize into the feeding solution causing toxicity to the plants.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. @Cattkisson give this a read from the beginning

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. @trojangrower I have me and a friend were talking about these DIY systems other day and he was looking for a good how to example and thought this was a good one

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1