Aeroponic model 4Z0 Stoner Experiment #1745183

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by trojangrower, May 26, 2019.

1. Another update on this experimental grow. I will not be checking the root system for problems anymore unless something clogs up (I really hope not). Due to the lack of proper training (an experiment, gimme a break), I have decided to add some supplemental lighting around the plant.
    upload_2019-8-9_15-30-0.png
    Its gotten pretty big I think. Just hoping she fills out.
    upload_2019-8-9_15-31-28.png

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Awesome! I’m subbed for the ride! Great looking baby

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. hey DDD, nice of u to join this show. The aero system is working nice, no clogs or hiccups since I started this project, but this strain... lanky azz Thanos pheno is just not so impressive to me. I really think this strain is meant to be outdoors. I am going to rebuild this system and incorporate some of the suggestions offered. In fact, I'm going to order some stuff for it right now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 5 gal , 18.9L

• Like Like x 1
  5. Harvested the aeroponic plant last week and let it dry. Been trimming...

So apart from the plant being a freaky find, I gotta say I really like this build. The system was relatively fast for the amount of product I got. High quality dope.

I will attach some of the pictures relating to the aeroponic system, the harvest pics can be seen in its own separate album.

Final pic prior to chop
    upload_2019-9-29_12-43-8.png
    The light strips are 2' long, the light board is 3' long. This is a big plant that had to be (kinda) trained to a circular shape.

The roots were darkened by the bennies I been adding. Here's some pictures
    upload_2019-9-29_12-44-34.png
    You can see that the netting cup popped out the lid right when I lifted it up at the end, so it would be wise to add a one piece netting cup/lid.
    upload_2019-9-29_12-45-53.png
    a big fat mat of roots. That is why there are draining problems near the end of the grow. Ended up feeding for 1 minute each 10 minutes. If I didn't, the water would fill up the bucket and not drain away fast enough; it filled up enough to come out the top!

Underneath the mat, where I stuffed a copper scrub pad into the drain hole, there was still some roots trying to get into the tube, but they look a little rotten. I haven't found the copper scrubby yet, I think its still in the bucket? idk, gotta clean all that stuff up.
    upload_2019-9-29_12-49-16.png
    note though that the rest of the roots were very healthy.

I recommend using a bigger net cup, like this stalk, I had to use a saw.
    upload_2019-9-29_12-50-13.png
    Lotsa a weed
    upload_2019-9-29_12-50-54.png

big fat colas
    upload_2019-9-29_12-51-13.png

real big fat colas.
    upload_2019-9-29_12-51-57.png

hee hee, I'm so skinny :D

ok mofos, this rig works. I hope that this information helps all us crafty growers.

Would I use a similar aeroponic rig again? Damn right I would.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Dude she's a long legged monster! Her legs are almost as big around as yours. :lmafoe::lmafoe:

Nice work on the aeroponics. I'm amazed at how much roots were in there. A ridiculous amount bro. A bigger bucket is definitely in order. Maybe a barrel??

• Like Like x 2

7. I got that junk in each bucket, does good too.

8. did u attach a picture? none there.

9. It's a URL, or supposed to be with a PIC

10. I still can't see anything.
    Somtimes my terminal blocks stuff. Like facebook and reddit.

11. Amazon search this
    1-inch Slip Suction/overflow Strainer and 1-inch Slip X Slip Bulkhead Kit

12. #94 trojangrower, Oct 18, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    Thank you @HardDrive
    I currently have my room full up and two systems are in hydro, one plant I care with my daughter who will get half the plant. Teaching her ;)
    anyhow, I will think of adding the overflow strainer, but I think the real problem with drainage is that its an inherent constraint on my grow system.
    See, we both know that the size of the plant is partially controlled by the root mass, but traditional (R)DWC restricts the root mass to a given volume as they float around in media. The hydro drip or aeroponic system as shown is raised and drains the solution to the reservoir (sometimes constantly), so the root mass doesn't get restricted as in traditional DWC, but instead develops into a mat, which thickens considerably over time. I feel that because of this, it doesn't matter what I really stuff into the bottom of the tray, the roots will get there eventually.

This time around I did things a little differently. I placed some stones (larger than the drain hole) at the bottom of the growing pail and covered them with a couple layers of black biological barrier. The roots will eventually make their way through. I will need to chop them if they do. Maybe they won't this time? If it works out, I will write it up.

Here's a picture of my current go
    upload_2019-10-18_15-40-55.png

• Like Like x 2
  13. and here's a picture of the underside just cuz' u showed yurs in yur thread
    upload_2019-10-18_15-46-9.png
    system:
    upload_2019-10-18_15-46-39.png
    blue stuff on the floor is fungicide; the walls are lined in coroplast and the moisture drips down... so...

14. That plant has a nice size dude
    ..lol

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nice...you go from aerophonics to finish with eb and flow...lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. pretty well right? I think the system worked really good though, and I want (will ) try this again.

• Like Like x 1
  17. You definitely got some good results there..
    I need to start aero again...
    Just have a bit of space shortage inside.
    And outdoor is a whole other challenge...lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. lil update stuff...

To start, I have had zero problems with drainage with the current setup (knock on wood!) Everything seems to be going straight forward with the SLH in the hydro ebb/flow/NFT system.

I'd like to answer some questions that I've received;
    -How much water do we put in our fertilizer bucket when the plant roots grow excessively? ( that is, should the roots be completely submerged?)
    This depends on how large my reservoir is. My current res takes 5 gallons of solution. I'm thinking of getting a larger reservoir, like a Husky Garbage or similar. The roots are not completely submerged, they hang down. Some of them would be submerged, but not exactly DWC, more NFT.
    -if so, do the sprayers work in a bucket of water?
    The sprayers work most of the time and spray into the bucket. See the gif I posted earlier in this thread.
    -I have an air compressor. Do I need an airstone?
    You don't need to aerate because of the sprayers, but if you have a larger reservoir, you could add an airstone there, but I don't think you need.

Also like to remind people to use a 6" net lid instead of the smaller 2-3" ones.

• Like Like x 2