Aeroponic and Deepwater Culture Hybrid

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by DAMAN2U1, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Greetings,
    I am mostly starting this online journal to keep the people I want to keep in the loop, and to get advice, collaborate, and interact with other growers. I am currently getting ready to move, so my system is not in place entirely. I started off with about 50 seeds from some decent bud that got pollenated by accident. I germinated them all, and planted some into jiffy pellets, and the rest into these great roto rooter sponges I got from a hydroponic store. I have two rounds of plants, seperated by a few days of germination. The first round was germinated and planted on 7-1-11. About 90% sprouted and survived in the first 24 hours. The second round was planted on 7-4-11. They where all planted in roto rooter sponges and and about 90% sprouted again. I am leaving to move on 7-14-11, and then I will implement my full hydroponic system which I will describe in detail in later posts. For now, the jiffy pellets and roto rooters where placed into larger rock wool cubes and placed over a bed of per-lite. I am currently feeding them canna Aqua Vega A and B, Rhizotonic, and a nector soultion all in proper dissolved proportions. This will suffice for the next week, and I will post pics to show progress, and when I implement the hydro system more details will be posted. I welcome any and all advice, and to my friends enjoy the information and show.

2. Images takes 7-2-11
    ALL ROUND 1

Attached Files:

3. ROUND 1 has sprouted seed leaves and look good
    ROUND 2 was just planted

Attached Files:

4. #4 DAMAN2U1, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2011
    This is round 1 only

Attached Files:

• 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      432.2 KB
      Views:
    • 5.JPG
      5.JPG
      File size:
      982.1 KB
      Views:
    • 6.JPG
      6.JPG
      File size:
      702.8 KB
      Views:
    • 11.JPG
      11.JPG
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • 7.JPG
      7.JPG
      File size:
      1 MB
      Views:
    • 10.JPG
      10.JPG
      File size:
      448.1 KB
      Views:
    • 12.JPG
      12.JPG
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • 13.JPG
      13.JPG
      File size:
      964.2 KB
      Views:
  5. This is round 2

Attached Files:

6. Round 1

Attached Files:

7. Round 2

Attached Files:

8. Round 1

Attached Files:

9. Round 2

Attached Files:

10. ROUND 1
    As you can see, I have transplanted all of 50 plants into rock wool cubes. They are growing fast, and since I can't implement my hydroponic system till 7-15-11, I need to have a larger growing medium that can still be transplanted yet again into a true hydroponic system, They are still over a bead per lite, under a T5 lamp, and I soldered some simple high intensity LED's to a bread board for additional luminosity and side lighting. Hopefully all works well!

Attached Files:

11. Round 2

Attached Files:

12. Looks good....what are you thinking for the next medium for the plants, before the hydro-install on July 15th???

13. yes. marijuana in the growing. subbed

14. Well, for those who might care, I successfully transported 50 plants from the east coast to the west coast with only one casuality. The method I transported them acutally facilaited more growth in those 2 days than the first week of growth under a T5 light. I rigged a box in my drunk with an HID light for automobiles running off a cigarette lighter. The light was encased in a plastic tube, and air cooled with PC fans. Since all of that shit runs off of 12V, a str8 connection to the cigarette lighter powered two fans, and the light. The light also gives off practically no heat with the fans, so the plants where practically touching the light. I packed it tight in my trunk. with a vent from the AC, so I couldn't look at the plants for 48 hours str8. But i did have a thermometer/ hydrometer probe placed in it to monitor them. I have included a pic of the light assembly in this post, and I will update pics up until today to get everyone back up to speed. Me and my partner might of invented the best way to transport live plants, and allow them to grow during the process. Updates should be reguaraly now since I have gotten settled here on the west coast. Sadly I don't know which are female yet, so i will force flower a branch on each plant to get an early sexing.

Attached Files:

15. Round 1

Attached Files:

16. Round 2

Attached Files:

17. Round 1

Attached Files:

18. Round 2

Attached Files:

19. Round 1

Attached Files:

20. Round 2