AeroGarden Ultra LED - First Grow - Flowering Stage

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by aeroganja, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Currently into 9th week of Flowering!

Ive been a reader for a while and like many, decided to give my grow a shot after much reading. Would love to share with you the progress along the way. Decided to start with the AeroGarden as some had good results with some adjustments.

Lighting: Started with Original OEM LED but needed to add a couple lights as the LED did not do the enough job. This was upgraded during 1st week of Flowering I realised I need an upgrade. So I added 300W 2700K LEDs (two panels)

Added a pump with airstone to give more O2 to the roots, you will be needing that with an Aerogarden, especially if you are growing two babies in one. My next grow would be 1 baby in each Aerogarden, the roots are filling up my 1.2G reservoir. So that the first conclusion I got out of this grow - one in each would do a better job.

Nutes: Flora Series (Gro-Micro-Bloom) worked good for me. No nute burns along the way, will be more than happy to share my schedule if anyone is interested.

Started with 3 plants - bag seeds (no access to seeds at the moment gave that a shot!) one of the plants was planted a week earlier than the other babies. Really hoped I got some females here. Crossed fingers for 2 females (it turned to be 3 females!) Bag seeds turned to be good genetics, didnt face much problems while growing. I have two babies in one and the other aero has 1 (I had to move it when I got my new aero, it was hell of ride - had to cutt off roots to transfer and it survided!)

I also extended my LED hood of the aerogarden that is placed in the tent, I had to cut off the wire and re-install it and hang the LED hood to the top of the tent - as it doesnt reach that long from OEM (with this hack you can extend it the way you want). The aero that has two babies are in a tent with a fan blowing away from 10yards almost.

The below pics (I tried attaching them but they dont show when I do, so I just pasted the links ,sorry!) are a week old - going into 9th of flower, does it look ready? Maybe another week until flush?

http://imgur.com/8yFFYHT
    http://imgur.com/HvwNxPu
    http://imgur.com/QN18YZ8
    http://imgur.com/H6li7DZ
    http://imgur.com/ncNwrV8
    http://imgur.com/tQGMhmi

2. Looked at your pictures. The only real way to know if you're plant(s) are ready is to look at the trichomes with a loupe or some other magnification so you'll be able to see the percentage of amber in the trichomes. Otherwise, it's just a guess as to where you are with them at this point. You do have some nute burn on your leaves. The brown tips on the leaves signify this. Nutes are something that it definitely takes a while to dial in....or it did me. I eventually changed over to a water soluble plant food that is much cheaper and much easier to work with than those nute packages that have 10 different bottles of chemicals. Figured there had to be something out there that would do the job that wasn't so expensive. I switched to Jack's by J.R. Peters and haven't looked back. Been using it about a year now and have never been happier. The more you grow, the better you get and the more understanding you gain about the process. So keep on cranking them out. TWW

3. Thanks for the reply man. Yeah I knew def that you cannot decide on harvest based on pics , but roughly do they look like they are nearing readiness? I am getting a loupe soon to figure things more precisely.

The lower part of the plant isnt ready it needs more time. I am planning to harvest upper part and then maybe the lower part. Anyone has experience doing it? Ive read success stories in harvesting in phases, how long should my harvests be apart. From what Im reading no more than 2 weeks, does it mean I flush, harvest, refeed to harvest the rest

4. Guys I need a bit of help. My loupe got stuck in shipping and wouldnt reach me less than 10 days. And I cannot find a decent loupe in a 3rd world country. I beleive my lower 1/5 to 1/4th is not ready, the other bud sites looks ready. I cannot confirm via trichs as I dont have a loupe on me.

My nute schedule is in 3 days. Should I start flushing? I am currently going to week 12 (in 3 days), what is the safest bet? I am kind of stuck in a dilemma here. Either flush in 3 days (lower risk of over matures buds) or wait a week or so but risk over maturity :/

5. Would love some input guys :)

I am in last week of flowering, although I do not have access to a loupe I am crossing my fingers on this one and will flush next week. I am entering Week 12 of flower as of today. Buds seems promising, can't wait to see how much I will yield out of those seed bags.

The amazing aroma decreased the passed week, is it a sign of anything? i felt that the smell was stronger the past weeks.

6. Cant see the pics. Says removed. Sounds like you missed that 3 dayish window and are starting to overipen. Without pics its just a guess

7. Thanks man for the reply (3 week old pics should be visible via the links above). I will post updated pics today.

The dilemma was the upper half of the plant is ready the lower half isn't, well maybe the 1/3 bottom isn't, maybe a little bit less than that. So i opted to wait a little bit. Really desperate for that loupe but have no access so do you recommend flushing asap? Or should I wait a couple of more days? Also worth noting that I am dry as fuck, no access to any smoke at the moment and I am currently entering week 12 :)

8. Sounds like you can harvest whats ready. I dont flush but if shes looking ready and your going to flush, i would do it now and take whats ready asap. If the bottom 3rd is that far behind let it go a bit and then take the rest. Or take it all and use the premy stuff with your trim for some hash or butter etc.... Good luck

9. I started flush yesterday. Going to flush for one week with pH'd tap water and an addition 3 days using FloraKleen.

I am not sure why the pictures are not being uploaded. I am getting an error continuously (Upload skipped error 413) appreciate if anyone cal help resolve this :)

10. #10 aeroganja, Oct 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    Got a test smoke from the unfinished buds at the bottom while flushing. I know I shouldn't but I am dry, so went for a shot. I was surprised. That bud didn't show it was close, but it was a smooth smoke, nice high. I did a quick dry, which resulted with no taste or smell whatsoever, but it was expected with the way I quick dried. It was still potent tho.

This assured me I'll enjoy my grow. It'll be flushed within this week and ready for drying. I really wanted to show pics of this grow. The AeroGarden with some add ons gives you a good yield, keeping note I used bag seems that didn't even think they will germinate.

I will compare this bag seed yield to an auto flower starting next week.

If anyone can help with the upload issue I would be more than happy to share my harvest, should be a nice harvest for an AeroGarden.

Final question: my ppm isn't changing during the flush. I started with pHd 180~ppm (tap) and I am having a constant 200-210 range of ppm since the last three days. Is this a sign of anything? Or is it expected to have a stable ppm? Also, I'm adding FloraKleen tonight, this will probably fluctuate my ppm/ph as well. But much needed at the end of the harvest.

Cheers.

11. Hmmmm. What does "FloraKleen" do that clear water won't do?

Don't waste your money on snake oil dude.

J

12. Amazing yield. Amazing smoke after the cure as well. Didn't expect to get 70g of dried bud out of an AeroGarden. FloraKleen did wonders, I can feel the smoothness of the smoke due to a proper flush.

I am still curing some of it, crystals thicken every week [​IMG]