Aerogarden to grow Marijuana?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by WeeZy F baBy, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Hey, my friend has one of these Aerogardens in his crib and they grow spices in it. I was wondering if You growers think it would be good to grow cannabis in? Ive germinated seeds before and had plants growing to about 5 inches until it died but that was because it was too cold and I was just trying it out. I think once the spring comes my friend and I will buy one of these things and try to grow in it.

Link
    \/\/\/\/

http://www.aerogrow.com/aerogardens/aerogarden-6.php

2. Yeah, ive seen alot of vids on youtube with people using the aero garden. Maybe some mods would have to be made for it, but for somebody with little space, i would say why not. :smoking:

3. #3 Homergrower, Dec 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2008
    The Aero garden is perfect for the micro-grower, i'm testing mine out now with the herbs that came with it, to see how it all worked.

Now these units use two compact CFL's with a height adjustable light holder.
    The way this unit is built, is they use seperate power cord running from the base of the unit to the lights.

(almost built so people could purposly change the lighting cycles, well done the potheads at aerogarden to throw this little feature in for us)
    Now this just has to be unplugged and replaced with the same cord (figure 8 power cord, find on radio's and such) and plugged into a light timer.

So the Aerogarden will manage the watering if you set it to lettuce it will run continiously, then you just set your lights to either 18/6 or 12/12 depending on where your up to.

I'll be trying mine soon with some advanced nutrients and i'll post the results.
    The only draw back on the aerogardden for growing weed is the height restrictions, so you'd have to go 12/12 when the plants are about 1/2 the height of the maximum height of the lights...and also clean out the small resevoir about once a week to ensure the unused salts are washed out and ready for the new set of nutes.

I know that was a little long-winded but u know what happens when a pothead gets on a subject, especially about weed.

Everyone have a nice christmas.:wave:

4. If height is an issue, you could maybe LST them. That's what I'm doing to mine, I have about a dozen side branches coming off the main stem, and the tops of those side branches are only about ~5" maybe from the soil. They're 6-7 weeks old and showing preflowers already :hello: