Aerogarden Nutrients

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by THCweed, Jan 13, 2010.

1. i recently started growing a couple plants with the aerogarden, i'v used the 2 starter tablets with my seeds and everythings going good. my aerogarden is now telling me to add nutrients, its been about 2.5 weeks. my question is what is the best seedkit nutrient available by aerogarden( i know other nutrients are better but i have a pretty big supply of different seedkits) for veg, im goin to start using the sweet bell pepper nutrients it has

nit-4%
    pho-3%
    pot-6%
    cal-1%
    mag- .5%
    sulfer- .5%

what do you guys think?

for flowering? i was thinking

Green Beans, it has:

nit-5%
    pho-20%
    pot-22%
    cal-5%
    Mag-1%
    Sulfer- .5%

if you have any answers, tips, or suggestions please feel free to reply, im trying to learn as much as i can about growing with an aerogarden. thanks a lot for the help

2. Hi, I would recommend just keeping the plastic containers for each seed pod. Buying a new seed pod for every plant could be expensive. A box of 3 is about $20. You're mainly paying for the seed.

I would recommend buying a bag of starter plugs. You can find organic ones or you can use rockwool. If you don't want to have to squeeze stuff into those plastic cones you may want to get replacement things.

AeroGarden Gardener Starter Tray Replacement Plugs 70ct - eBay (item 120516281705 end time Feb-09-10 11:01:50 PST)

There's a bag for $25 and it has 75 I think. Anyway, for nutrients I wouldn't recommend using the AG nutes. You could for veg but it won't grow nearly as stout and quickly as if you were using professional nutrients like Fox Farms.

Also, for flowering the light in the AG just won't work. Trust me, I've tried. You should look at getting at least a 150w HPS floodlight or something to flower with. You can get one of those on ebay for $56 including shipping (to the US).

Everything I've just listed is what I used with my AG and had fantastic results (after some trial and error).