Aerogarden Issue Help Please!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GoGreen69, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Hello! I'm new here and i need help! I have these plants in the aerogarden for right now and i have two bubbling stones in there for them, but there seems to be some sort of problem the leaves on my plant they are getting dry on some and brownish tips and almost like a yellowish colour. Or sometimes i even get randomly spotted brown hold :S

2. Can someone help me ?

3. Thanks! And I feed it the Aerogarden liquid nutes (organic). It is still in veg as well

4. Dry brown edges indicate a phosphorus def. Brown splotches potassium (K). Sounds like your girls are hungry.

Dont ever follow charts. A few people have proved that manufacturer schedules are often way off. Get a PPM meter. you can juice hydro to 1500ppm but recommended is 900-1200. I do 300-1100 in a mostly soil mix.

A quick test: Take any water soluble food mix as close to a 2-4-2 ratio as you can. Mix to 400ppm or 1/4 the strength the instruction say to feed if you have no ppm meter. Add 1 drop dish soap. Turn your lights down, foiler spray from below upwards wetting leaves entirely. This is a precaution to completely avoid burning from light hitting wet leaves.Wetting the bottoms that are not exposed as much to light The soap drop breaks surface tension allowing leaves to directly absorb nutes. Once all leaves are dry, turn up lights.

Within one light cycle, you should see noticeable improvement. The dry leaf parts will never recover, but the rest of the leaf should become healthier looking.

If not, nutes are not your prob. Esp if they get worse. That would indicate over fert, which is possible but my first guess is above.

Please post updates!

5. Thank you very much! Your the most help i have got on here :) and i have been testing my PH its at 6.4 seems to be a decent PH i think, but i'm going to flush them for await i think and do you think this could be any kind of mold or fungus ?

6. I also just sprayed them and raised the light so its not as harsh on them.

7. Mold or fungus you would see. In soil, gnat larvae suck nutes, but they dont infest aero from what I have heard. never done aero.

The foiler spray will tell you if it is an underfert issue. Its the best place to start. It is weird over fert and underfert can look identical in certain situations. Much easier to tell looking at them or a great pic. I am a good grower cuz I have seen a lot of common issues and solved them. Each grow makes you stronger; any yield you get is a success.

Your ph is good. For reg hydro they run 5.5. The lower the number the more nutes they can absorb. 5.5 is like drinking from a Big Gulp straw. 7.5 is like sipping thru a swizzle stick. The lower you can ph without hurting the girls, the more nutes they can take/higher concentrations. This results in more growth generally. A buddy of mine swears by 5.0 and he "flushes" by raising ph to 8.0. 8 or higher causes nute lock; the same thing flushes do by a different means.

8. Hi GG69.

Yep, like Widowbaker was sayin', be careful using the AG nutrients; they're not designed for growing the stuff we're talkin' about here. Get yourself some nutes that are designed for growing cannabis. I think it will make a big difference in how your grow will go. I used an Aerogarden Pro 200 for my first few grows, and I remember how my first grow perked up after I changed from the AG nutes to nutes that are designed for growing reefer. If you want to keep using the AG nutes, then you might want to read some of the Aero grow journals here on GC where they only used AG nutes to give you an idea what to expect.

The Aero makes for a fun grow! Tell us what you got goin' on, GG. Is this your first grow? What strains are you growing? Are you adding any additional lights? It sounds like you have more than one plant in your Aerogarden. A suggestion for your next grow: only plant one reefer plant in your Aerogarden. The things mostly only have one-gallon reservoirs, which are kind of small, so you don't want the roots from two plants competing for space. When growing cheeb in the Aerogarden, growing less will yield you more!

9. Thank alot man you have done me some help, and also haven't just been cussing about the situation. I got a update for you on my plants I took some more photo's!

Attached Files:

10. Yeah I'm for sure buying better nutes as soon as I get some money together for them, I also need a live PH meter as well. I have grown two plants in my AG before and they do just fine :), this is my 4th grow but I have never had this problem before :/. and also the strain is lemon kush.

11. #13 NaughtyDread, Jan 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2012
    whats the pH at son? i use an ag for veg and clones...i have the same exact issue, but i know why mine is the way it is :D:p ok caught your pH after re-reading....us hydro guys like it at 5.7-5.8 and dont mind a drift up to 6.4....

bring the pH down bro and let me ask you this? whats your ppms at?

12. I get my PH down to about 6.4-6.0 but every time I add it to my Res I goes right back up to about 7.4 :/.