Aerogarden First grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by wtfbbq, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Lol, what I was thinking

2. Because if you just read the stuff here kbfl0912 doesn't make any money!

How's he supposed to get your money if you don't give it to him?

3. [​IMG]

4. Step 3: Profit!

5. #26 wtfbbq, Oct 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2008
    Day 71.

I started the flower cycle on the 15th (Day 60), and looks like some white hairs can be seen today, I'm assuming that means female? On day 60 I changed from veg to Mild flowering on the Advanced Nutrients schedule, From what I've read it's taken a little bit longer than normal to show sex, I'm thinking the mild flowering may have contributed to that. I didn't want to go overboard with the stuff.

Some of the leaves on the bottom have withered due to the limited amount of light that gets down there. Before this, I never understood why people want to get more lights for either side of the plant when purchasing an aerogarden....

I had to do a little LST to the bigger plant, you can see the stalk starting on the bottom right and going on an angle to the upper left.

The original plant is much bigger than the new plant, so it basically blocks the small one from view when the picture is taken. I also took a pic of the second plant, which seems to be coming along nicely. I will let it continue to flower, even though it's so small.

closeup pics are all of the bigger plant, in attempt to show the white hairs/pistils

Attached Files:

6. Looks like a girl to me, congrats!

Also, it looks like you oughta be able to lower the light a bit. Those CFLs don't get very hot compared to HIDs, so you can almost let them touch. Not actually, but close, like a couple inches or so.

If you put your hand under the light the point at which it starts to feel hot on the back of your hand is how close is too close.

In my experience the Advanced Nutrients schedule is probably right on, especially for the set-up you've got. Better to underfeed a little than overfeed a little. You'll see a much better yield.

7. the last two pics are female for sure, the first one almost looks male to me but its to early to be sure with it.

8. Got an update for us?

9. hows the grow?

10. the first picture might be a tranny..it shows a little male on one stalk but it shows almost definite female on another...keep us updated cuz it is a little too early to be sexing.. but i am doing an aerogarden too and im 2 weeks into flowering and its kinda doing the same thing..its takin awhile to show sex and its now showing a little of both..aerogardens are convenient for sure and im glad i did get one

11. I think a simpler solution to your lighting problem for the bottom leaves would be to put mylar/foil on the bottom of your base to reflect any stray light back upward at the plant.

12. Dude I didnt even know you could do that with an aero garden. i thought they werent bigger than like 14" tall. Thanks for opening my eyes. +rep

13. Aerogarden grows are awesome. Its like the mini fridge of marijuana growing...or something.

14. What i am thinking about, using it for a mother I have and just throw clones in it :p cheaper then running a whole damn setup for semi monthly stash.

15. You can drop thoses floros withing Inches of your plants without burn. keeping your light far away from the plant is causing them to stretch , not to mention your loseing lumens.

They look Beautiful , absolutely amazing. :p i'll be watching for flower =)