Aerogarden Deluxe with LowLife plants.. is it really that bad?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by *wakeNbake, Mar 22, 2009.

1. i have been reading posts from many different sites and have gotten SO MANY mixed answers...

i have an aerogarden pro on the way (i could still cancel the order)... i also have 10 Autoflower ak47xdiesel and 10 Autoflower ak47xblueberry

from what ive read; some people absolutely love their AG and some people say they suck ass...... i plan on growing like 3 plants at a time in the AG

i chose the AG because it looks simple... what are your views on AG's?

2. #2 bassplayer8816, Mar 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2009
    i know nothing

3. I have an Aerogarden with 6 slots. Where can I buy the the thing that they sit in? lol I have never used it, its just laying around.

4. #4 bassplayer8816, Mar 22, 2009
    :d :d :d

5. so you think the AG is a bad move? how many extra CFL would i need?

6. #6 OCDinFL, Mar 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2009
    It seems like a good way to keep things simple, and simple is good. The feeding system looks like a combination of top feed and dwc, which can give nice growth rates. One system takes care of lighting (supplemental lighting with reflectors recommended), water, oxygen and nutrient delivery to the roots. Make sure the reservoir is light-tight and keep in a cool room, this will also keep the water temps 72*F or less improving dissolved oxygen levels and discouraging root rot. Buy a small airpump with a couple of airstones and place 1 airstone under each plant. If you have a choice of different airstones, just remember the smaller the bubbles created the better. Good luck and have fun.

John

*btw - I would think most people who have a problem with this product are more likely having a problem with their environment, ie reservoir temps.

7. #7 bassplayer8816, Mar 22, 2009
    :d :d ;d

8. I would recommend going with a normal potted soil grow, or maybe try a bubble bucket by building it yourself. it isn't that hard, it's more than likely cheaper, and you can tailor it to your own needs. aerogardens aren't really designed for the height and nutrient consumption for your 'specific application' lol

9. I just think that for 200 bucks, there are better options than the AG. In the end, you will be so addicted to growing, you will want to upgrade anyway. You may as well start off on the right foot to begin with.......MY TWO CENTS!:D

10. Very true, no matter where you're at now.
    Peace,

Tex :smoking:

11. #11 bassplayer8816, Mar 22, 2009
    :d :d :d

12. thanks for the help everyone, ive been google'ing these things all night (well last night)

ive decided that im going to try and cancel the order (hopefully they dont ship it)... im just going to wait a few more weeks and plant outdoor again... when it comes to outdoor growing i know what im doing (http://forum.grasscity.com/recreati...648-its-most-wonderful-time-year-harvest.html theres my last harvest)

maybe next winter ill get a small 250 HPS.... maybe even a 400... i have to read up on how big of an HPS i would need for a few autoflowers and how much electric they drink up

13. Aerogarden is being bashed for what it isn't, not what it is. It is a simple approach to hobby growing. Buy it and grow. Done. Is DIY better? Usually. People who DIY are not going to be interested in this. Are they? Aerogarden is not likely to make you self-sufficient for your MMJ needs. Looks good for mother plants/clones. And tomatoes. ;)

14. shoot for 200 bucks you can get a 400 watt Hps/Mh grow set from HTGsupply.com including shipping