Aerogarden + Bubbleponics Bucket & Drip System + Sour Diesel & BS

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by aerogardenguy, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Forgot to add this as well..... If you havent posted in my journal up today then your guess won't count for the free Rez Sour Diesel IBL Seed. I would rather someone that has been hanging with me through my first grow to get this seed. I germ'd three of them and figured the 4th should go to someone worthy! Peace Guys/Gals

2. Think i found the source to my problem. Just found that my PH meter needed to be re-calibrated (which i knew could happen) so i tested it in the 7.0 solution and saw that my rez PH was 6.2. Kinda high right? So it took me a few doses but i got the PH down to 5.8. I think that was causing the rusty spots. same reaction that plant got in the early vegg stage when i didnt have a proper ph tester (i was using a fish tank ph kit with droplets). Hope this solves the problem.

3. Awesome man, I bet that does it.

4. This Dry Weight guessing/bet contest is for 1 week ending on the 15th Monday. Get your guess in now. lmao...also going to throw in a few other random seeds from somer super dank from my boys uncle that gave us the seeds.

New Dank I copped today from my boys uncle.

[​IMG]

5. That does look like some DANK!^^^:smoking:

6. Page 8 ....check the dry weight guessing total. Person to hit the number of grams in dry weight im going to send 1 Rez. SD IBL Seed. Got 4 gifted and 3 are germinating.

[​IMG]

7. Survey says........................36 grams

8. #129 .moonchild, Mar 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2010
    Well, the weight you end up with kind of depends on how long you let it dry.

I would say its going to be around an ounce, maybe a little more.

Assuming they get a full dry/cure I'm thinking you'll probably end up with around 29-30 grams.

Hydro can be deceiving the buds shrink quite a bit once you dry them, not as much so with soil from my experiences.

Nice magus/rez beans btw, those are some good genetics.

9. So far these are the guess totals. ^^

I agree with moonchild about the drying. Any suggestions on method of drying curing? How long to dry 5-7 Days? Cure 3-4 weeks in jars (opening a few times a day?) Need some input. Thanks

10. I guess it depends on where you can dry. But that schedule sounds like a great starting point.

11. Yea I'd say let them dry for 5 days or so (or keep them drying until the stems snap) Then throw them into jars, take em out every now and then to check moisture, leave the jar open if the buds are getting too soggy. The curing process is taking all of the moisture in the stems and redistributes it to the buds. The longer they dry the faster the bud will cure but its all up to you. You can smoke it after it dries but it will probably just taste like grass, the longer you cure it the more flavor you get out of it and the cleaner it smokes.

12. sounds like i am going to dry for 5-7 days (use the snap method) then cure in the jars for 3-4 weeks. its still a guessing game considering i am a noob. Any good suggestions on the way of drying? Just hang?

I thought about using a rubbermaid tub and hanging the branches inside and on one end just put a small cpu fan maybe like 40cfm's? Lid closed? Open? Exhaust fan? Or not needed? Just new cool air coming in the dry box? what do you think?

13. Hang dry upside-down after you trim in an empty closet is the best method honestly.

That way the fanleaves cover the buds so the crystals don't fall off once they dry.

14. i appreciate the input and advice moonchild & lotus. cant wait. they need to finish already...:smoking:

15. Picture Update:
    Day 45 Flower 12/12 - Exotic BagSeed

The main cola is bigger than a "Big Monster Can"....

1/2 Trichs Clear 1/2 Cloudy ---- 5 more days and then i shall start the flush. Hope my guessing is correct. Trial and error is the only way to success....I guess!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Good close up of the center of the cola.

[​IMG]

17. I think the snow storm has officially begun. This Humboldt "Snow Storm Ultra" is the shit. Read a lot of good things about it. My hydro guy doesnt lie and swears by this stuff. I wish i would have started using it in like the 3-4 week of flower. Start my flush in like 5-6 days.