Aerogarden + Bubbleponics Bucket & Drip System + Sour Diesel & BS

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by aerogardenguy, Jan 21, 2010.

1. PH stays b/w 5.8-6.0. I check 1-2 times a day. Using RO and 3 stage Flora. PPM's are around 1000 now but a few days ago they were up to 1400...Is that too high for second week of flowering? Could it have to do with cabin pressure inside my box? Maybe not enough exhaust? Temps stay b/w 80-90 F during the day and down to about 75f at night. They seem to do some heavy drooping when the lights go off. Is that normal? Thanks for all the help guys. Much appreciated.

2. Okay so now I am on Day 18 of 12/12. My one sexed female has starting showing multiple bud sites. I counted around 13-14. Overall she is looking good with a few little nicks here and there but my "NOW" concern is that one of her lower leaves started to claw under with only a few other lower leaves. Not sure why. PH is good 5.8 Temp is good 79F. Could it be from only 35% humidity? Also I am using 3 stage nutes from GH. I have noticed that when i mix my nutes in the water the ppm is around 900-950 and then within a day the ppm goes well over 1200. Over nuting? Any ideas? BTW my water is RO with 06 ppms from the start. Here are a few new pics. Oh yea and one other thing....is it normal for your leaves to fall down at night when they are a couple weeks into 12/12? Thanks in advance guys/girls for all the help.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

NOW THE ONE LEAF SET STARTING TO CURL. TRYING TO CATCH THE PROBLEM BEFORE IT GETS WORSE.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Added one gallon RO to bucket. Got the PPMs to lower down to 950... Wait and see what happens. I have a feeling its going to go right back up. If it does should i psyphon half the water out and put back fresh RO no nutes? Keep in mind my bucket is only holding 4.5 gallons of water. Thanks Peace!

4. my bucket set up is close to the same as yours. 10 gallon fish tank with 6 gallons of water in it. my plants all do that at the bottom. I think mine is partially due to the lighting I have underneath. But my ppms were waaay too high too, around 1800.

I hope it fixes itself. i'll keep watching your posts tho, to see how it does.

Happy Growing!

5. thanks cali tree....just checked ppms again and they went from 981 to 991 in the last 2 hrs.... I'll just keep adding plain RO till its time for a water change. then maybe ill start again with a lower level of nutes...

6. Honestly, I do not know much about hydro growing, so I can't say for sure what your problem is. I just know that the feeding schedule and maintaining Ph level are very complex/crucial in the hydro process. Your girl looks nice and seems like it has nice buds coming in. It doesn't seem to be too crazy of a problem, so goodluck figuring it out before any potential real problems arise!

7. It is confirmed! She's a girl! 9th day 12/12 seed is from my buddy from some of his Sour Diesel. Got a few seeds out of a crop. 2 of the Diesel's were already pulled because they were males.

Also just rigged up a new exhaust and its working sick! Took a Holmes air purifier and ducted a hose from my box to the intake of the purifier. 4 speed settings. I put it on 2 and it took my heat from 91-92 to 83f. I took out the filter for maximum intake but can replace the filters with carbon filled filters. Going to try that when the buds start to smell. I am just using Ona Gel for smell right now and it is working really really good.

Aerogarden has been shut down until the 6th week of flower and then i will start it up again with some Sour Diesel IBL Seeds from Rez.

Her name is Tree-na on the left. Female day 19 flower.
    [​IMG]

The confirmed girl --- Her name is Veronica
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

New Jimmyrigged Exhaust that is working wonders!!!!

[​IMG]

8. Happy Birthday to ME!

New update on the girls. Everything looking good for the most part. few drying up leaves probably from the heat problems i was having before i installed my jimmy rig exhaust. it was staying b/w 85-90 degrees. Ph 5.8 and ppms steady finally at 900. Bud sites on "Tree-na" (left) looking good so far and she is poppin bud sites from everywhere. No complaints! For "Veronica" (right) she grew 4" in three days and a few more pre hairs popped out! Other than that everything is good in the hood.

Day 22 Flowering "Tree-na" (left) ----- Day 12 Flowering "Veronica" (right)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry not that good of a camera for close ups... Any pointers on taking good pics if i do some manual settings?

9. They look great, set camera to macro (flower symbol) could do manual focus.

10. Day 26 of 12/12 Flower - 150w HPS - 2 CFL 150w - 2CFL 100w - 2 Grow Fluro Tubes 75w ea.

Bubble Bucket DWC & Drip - 3 Stage Flora Grow Micro Bloom - Next week will start adding BloomBastic

ppm @ 900
    ph 5.9
    RO Water

Everything is looking good. Buds are starting to come in nice and trich's are starting to show on the leaves and bud. Almost into the 5th week of flowering and next water change I think im going to try to boost up the nutes to a higher ppm and start with 2 tbsp of BloomBastic. Guy at the hydro shop gave it to me and says its the shit so he gave me a sample bottle to try. Big bottle is $90. It better work good. We'll see.

Day 26 - Tree-na (left) --- Day 16 Veronica (right) ---> She is looking weak with no root growth at all so whatever ima just let her ride and see what happens. Any way to make the roots start growing more.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Well did you ever say "Treena, you fat lard, come get some nutes!... Treena, eat. Food. Eat the FOOD!"

Maybe you should try encouraging Veronica, maybe if you coax her to try growing her roots, convince her to try just the tip and see if she likes it. I am sure she will and be hungry for the nute. Remember just the tip at the first it works every time!

They are looking good, are you in the same boat as I am now whenever your look at your girls, you just want to kill them and smoke them?

12. im gettin to that point....looking lucious...i want to smoke them already...but i have patience and plenty of bud till she is harvested.

13. does the banna thing really work and if it does will it work outdoors

14. not 100% if it works considering that I put the banana in when they were still vegging. I hear that putting the banana with germinating seeds is supposed to feminize them from seed. I did the banana thing and 2-4 were females. Still 50/50 but it was worth the shot. "google" banana religion and it tells more about the science behind it.

15. Question for an experienced grower..... I have my nutes around 900 but the ppm's keep going up. So I add plain RO to dilute a little within the first day or so of adding new water and nutrients. Should i go lower on the nutes? Not really showing much nute burn but the lower leaves have turned semi'brown and crispy. just a few leaves tho. If the tops of the plant are looking like they are suffering then why aren't the nutrients levels (ppm's) decreasing with the water level.??? Thanks for all the help guys. This has made my first grow experience pretty easy. Few bumps but no biggies!

16. #57 Bohbo, Feb 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2010
    Try 800 if the nute strength is going up then they are drinking more than they are eating meaning they don't need that high of a ppm.

17. lowering the ppm is what i am going to do. thanks bro! will lowering the ppm mean that the plants won't yield as much or is it just the type of strain that doesnt need a high ppm level. Will i be gradually increasing the nute strength through flowering. I am going into my 5th week of 12/12. Also i want to start adding some bloombastic to the mix. will that increase ppm levels as well?

18. Anything you add will add to the PPM. If you want want to max the yield go 50-100ppm under what starts to burn them. There are a lot of factors, light, nutes, strain, system setup, etc. Figure out what PPM works well for your grow.

19. tuned in bro!