Aerogarden AK-48 Grow FIRST GROW (PICS)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by actont2001, Feb 19, 2013.

1. #1 actont2001, Feb 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2013
    Hi all... Just thought I would post some images of my first grow using a 7 pod Aerogarden Classic.

I have grown in Soil before..but never Hydroponics..saw this thing (Aerogarden) and decided to pick it up and give it a try (even though I was VERY sketchy on this idea as the reservoir for the Aerogarden is very small (1 GAL), but bought it for 20.00).

I put 3 AK-48 seeds in it..just to test the thing out..and results are in the pictures below..very surprised (even though I had to Mod it a bit).

For the first 8 weeks I was using the Aerogarden's shitty CFL's..but ran into problems when they got bigger as the Aerogarden arm only reached aprox 2 feet and sucked...so removed the arm and lights and hung a 400W HPS above them for the budding stage..and WHAM! biggest plant is now 7 feet tall (trained and tied).

I checked the reservoir and thought for sure that there is no way in hell that it would have enough room for the roots..and they would DEF fight over nutes..which they did..just had to refill reservoir daily and add nutes every 3 days or so to keep PPM at 1150.

The pics below are them just starting their 3rd week of flowering..and look VERY promising.

I know it is nothing great..but just wanted to show what an Aerogarden could do (would be a lot better with only 1 plant...but for trial I used 3).

I did't pinch or top any plants at all (which I should have)...but really didnt think the Aerogarden would actually work), so didn't bother..just let nature take its course.

So IMHO ... The Aerogarden WILL work (for small yields)..but save your money and build a DWC yourself for a LOT cheaper then what the Aerogarden retails for.

Attached Files:

2. Holy stretched plant Batman

3. Yeah.. I know they are stretched pretty bad...but like I said.. I really didn't care to much about this grow, as I have others on the go in soil medium (was just testing the Aerogarden)..was even gonna just toss them out about a week ago...but decided to let them go..just tied the shit outta them..get a couple buds I guess.. lol

4. I just started 5 AK's in an aerogarden. Now I'm thinking it may be too much....