Aeroflo user's out there.....

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by db805, Dec 23, 2009.

1. I'm using an DIY aerflo unit and I'm wondering if anyone has had problems with roots growing down the drain and slowing drainage. Anyone have any suggestions. I have a timer (1min on/4minoff) left over from another grow and have put my pump on it now to help. I only have two plants in the system now and can't imagine what it would be like with more. Thanks.

2. I have a few aeroflo2 tables, and the roots do grow down into the main reservoir, but they havent't grown to the point of blocking the drain for each tube/chamber. The only issue I have had with roots is when toward the end of the cycle, when they have reached the lower res, and got pulled toward the suction from the pump of my chiller. I had the pump attached to the drain side of the table, and the roots grew right into it and clogged it up enough to slow the pump down and the chiller to stop working, (even though it was still plugged in) because the pump was clogged up by the roots. I run the pump 24/7, and by harvest each tube has grown into a massive knot of roots that I can literally hold up to my head and they touch ground. (after tearing down the system, and pulling roots from chambers.) Now that I've done a few grow's with the table full, I know its really not as efficient if you use every site on it. So i stagger the table and the plants, every other one, giving each plant twice the growing space, and it really helps to let them grow to their fullest potential, because they aren't being crowded by others, they dont have to fight for the light. I use the full line of Dutch Master Gold Nutrients, with all the suppliments, (add.27, silica, & zone) liquid light & penetrator as my foliar sprays (which I must say work AMAZING) just a little pricey. $270 total for a gallon of each! Yes, that seems like alot to pay up front, but I would rather buy them that way than have to make a 3 hour drive just to get what I need month after month. 1st of all, are you using a GH aeroflo2? what kind of nutes are you using?