Aero ponic's or bubble?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by brado34, Dec 16, 2009.

1. What has a higher thc% and a higher yield?

2. Has almost nothing to do with growing method and almost everything to do with strain.

3. Key word "almost" I would rather find out whats the best too use instead of wasting a few grand on my grow room

4. A better question would be what strain do I grow. Highest overall THC and yield? Skunk#1 is pretty good, but it really comes down to preferance. Both hydro methods when done correctly can produce almost identical results which are in the margin of error anyway because there are so many variables etc. Light, temperature, nutrients etc. Just choose which ever one that suits your budget and grow area.

5. God bud, 600w and foxfarm big bloom or w/e its calld, and what on average has higher yeild? cuz i hear bubble ponics get on average 3 zips per bucket

6. I understand what you are trying to ask. You would like to know the difference between the two systems, specifically the factors that effect yield and potency. I do not believe that potency is an issue when looking at the difference in your growing media. However, yield is effected.

The main difference between any growing media is the amount of oxygen that is allowed to the roots. A soil grow only permits about 50% oxygen to get to the roots. Regular hydro systems (this excludes DWC/Bubbleponics) permit about 75% Oxygen to the roots & aeroponics allow over 90% (i have read 99% but hate to quote such strong numbers).

DWC or Bubbleponics is considered to be in the class with aeroponics. This is not to say that DWC give your roots 99.99% oxygen. DWC will deliver about 85% maybe 90% oxygen to the roots. It is real simple, the more oxygen, the healthier the plant. Sure I guess the healthier the plant is the more energy it can spend on THC production and flower production as well as anything else a plant needs to do. I hope this has helped you out some. With this knowledge I chose to grow in DWC. what are you thinking you will choose?

7. I think i am going to buy a aero ponic system, thanks alot for your advice, are aero ponic systems worth buying or should i stick with making a bubble bucket system?

8. This is a real tricky question. Can you find an aero set up that serves your needs? If so then it is worth buying if you do not want to build it. Unclenugs built his. I run DWC, I built my DWC because I do not feel that there is a premade system that met my needs and was cost effective. I have been interested in aero, but I would build my own areo. If youare not handy like that then just buy it. Best of luck let me know if you need anything. Oh ya you can make the bubble system like I did and install nozels to mist the roots and that is called aero. I will take some better pics of how my systems plumbing is set up so you can see how and make plans to add the sprayer nozels, if you are interested.

9. Yes I am verry handy, I am a contractor for rich people in toronto an i wont on mansions only and huge houses, I can basicly build any thing perfect and I under stand how to make the bubble ponic system and the cloning system but i have not seen any stickys on DWC or Aero on how to build so that would be verry help full, thanks for your input GC :)

10. ill put it to you like this

lets throw all the determining factors out and only leave one

MAINTENANCE

ok lets say you wanna go dwc
    ok im growing this way and its so easy i do almost NO maintenance to my system

add my nutes wit water
    add my stones to the pump and set them in the water
    stick the plant in
    change the res. every now n then.
    its that easy

now aeroponics..... if you know a thing or two about it looks like a pain in the ass i wouldnt even wanna get started

so dwc would be probably easier and less pain in the ass therefore leaving more time to maintain your plants as opposed to messing wit your system all the damn time

AND since like homegrown mentioned before its more about strain than growing method

and something more important than the growing method is your lighting
    as lighting and strain are your main determining factors for highest quality

so on choosing your system its all about how much you wanna mess with it because aeroponics and bubble ponics will produce around tthe same results although aero is faster

11. I dont want to do too much maintinance, less id prefer obviously but id rather do the work and get way better finished product and im using hps 600w bulb