Aero Garden, is it good for weed?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Greekinator, Sep 25, 2006.

1. I change the lighting out in mine They grow great with some leds

2. that shit is cool on you tube, i like the idea of it , cuz i konw for me i just want somthing to play with and hopefuly yeld a small amont, i think with proper lighting and ventalation it can work, never know till you try right, enyway........ i got lemon kush, sour disel, and some random cron seed in mine and a few mods, worken on a better light now, really just want some stout lowriders, nothen big. Does foil cause heat or burn spots? when is the earlyest i can start toping and pruning?? thankx for th help if enyones got some.................hong bits

3. Dude, all aerogardens are 70% off at work right now, Maybe I should get one just for clones and seedlings. Or possible without the cfl all together, Just veg for a little bit and then put the whole aerogarden without the light stand under my HPS for flowering....Would one of these be big enough to contain a serious root system?

4. You can do it with bagseed. It works good but lacks a timer. I liked it becuase its compact and looks good. plus it is easy

5. i did away with my aerogarden do tho the fact thers not enought air geting to the roots plus the resey is to small for good root growth, now the system i went with is up to specs but looks getto as hell duck tape foil green tape.............hahahah, give me time i will have a real setup asap

would send pics but that shit is a pain in the ass for me, i have to use photo bucket............blaaaaaa

6. [ame=http://vimeo.com/1119934]Growing Weed in the AeroGarden Delux on Vimeo[/ame]

7. For those actually trying to use the aerogarden themselves, here is a good walkthrough on how to switch the light cycle to an auto 12/12 cycle after one manual cycle. AeroGarden | AeroGarden Customer Service & Support - How to set the light timers Indoor Garden, Seed Kit, Grow Light And here's a picture of my guys at 4 1/2 weeks in the aerogarden ( i think the lights are more than sufficient). I put one of the plastic stakes that comes with it next to one of the plants for size perspective (it is about an inch tall).

Attached Files:

8. I use it occasionally for a mother plant and some clones, but I wouldn't consider it worth while to try and flower out a plant in there. The res is less than a gallon, and there's less than 50 actual watts on the standard aerogarden. It's great for cuttings and maybe a mother plant (trim the roots, or they will grow into and jam the motor).

[​IMG]

The mother plant grew very healthy and quickly, but there wasn't anything I could do with it besides cut clones. (the center plant went from cutting to that in about 2-3 weeks)

9. I run a aerogarden for 2 plants. They are into 3rd week of flowering. And they look fine. I use a 150 LED light to support for flowering.

Attached Files:

10. Ive used the aero garden a few times, its ok but you cant really controll how tall your plant grows or the light cycle. Although there is a new aero garden coming out (may be out in the states now) which gives you more control.
     I have a Jack herer 2 weeks from finishing in the aerogarden now but it got too tall for the light so I just removed the light and put a propper light above it, also so I could put the light on the 12/12 cycle.
     I found it quite difficult to get density to the buds but then I will always prefer compost with regular flushing to any other method but thats just my personal preference.
     If you're going to buy an aerogarden I would say definately pay a little extra and get the new one, I think its called the aerogarden ultra, Ive been eyeing it up for a while, Its taller than th OG and gives you full controll over all elements.
     Just remember that if you use an aerogarden you'll probably have to see the first grow as a practice and you will get better results in a grow tent

11. WTF!... Ive had my aerogarden ages & never knew this. This is going to save so much effort for future small auto grows, cheers!

12. The aero garden is great for clones but is just not enough to complete an mj grow. You need more light and a larger reservoir for a yield that wont burn up in one session. They work amazing for cloning though, but you must change your settings a bit. I have over 95% success rate cloning in my aerogarden on 24 hr pump and light cycle. No domes, just mist twice a day.

13. My friend starts his seedlings under an Aero Garden and they get big with thick stems really quick, but they're probably not good for when the plant gets big. I think I might buy one next grow for seedlings.