Aero cloner homemade

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 5_Assed_Monkey, Jan 4, 2017.

1. I have a homemade aero cloner. I've read to put big bloom in the water for phosphate, would I still use cloning gel or root tone? Would I still need a humidity dome? :and I can transfer these to soil once they have roots right? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Depends really. I run straight tap water the first two more three days the chlorine in the water keeps the cloner disinfected. Using solution or dechlorinated water always gunks up my emitters.

If you are using nutrients in clone go very light

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

3. Only dome the clones the first day or two two hold moisture after that let them develop roots and reach for water. Each strain is different. I have some strains that work every time in soil and solo cups for cloning but won't take in aero in over two weeks.

Consider a foliar spray in aero cloner keeps the cloner clean and it's easy to address deficiencies

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

4. Good deal. Soil works for me, I use spent fox farm. With cheap root tone powder. I'm trying to speed up the process. Maybe I need better cloning powder.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I use a turbo klone 24 with dome. I only remove the dome when the plants start running into it. I run the pump/sprayer 24/7. My cloner has a built in exhaust fan to keep it from getting too hot under the dome. I use rainwater with superthrive, general hydroponics flora blend, botanicare's hydroguard, advanced nutrients budcandy, GH calimagic and a small shot of GH flora grow.
    I run the cloner at between 150-250ppm at 6.0ph. I've never failed to root a clone. 100% success rate so far. I've put them in both DWC buckets and soil with no issues. I haven't really had any transplant shock that I've noticed. I just wait until the roots are nice and long and the plant is running into the dome. I prepare either a net pot/gravel for DWC or soil/pot. I'll dangle the roots the to bottom of the net pot and just carefully add gravel until it's buried. I usually have roots dropping into the bucket overnight.

6. When I use my aeroponic cloner I don't use rooting hormone but I have done in the past and it did shave a day or two off. They all root eventually so I don't bother now.

I have never used a dome with mine. The cuts have access to as much water as they need so no point trying to slow transpiration down.

I let the roots grow for a week to get a good strong plant before putting them in soil. They take better to soil when they have plenty of roots

7. I do use rooting hormone just because it's the usual routine but I've wondered if it's necessary because obviously it just gets washed off shortly after putting the cutting in the cloner. Then again it stays in there once it gets washed off so the plants bath in it. I will cut the clone at a 45-60 degree angle with a sharp pair of scissors or a fresh x-acto knife treated with rubbing alcohol. I scrap about 3/4" of the skin of the stem off near the cut. It seems to help root development to scrap the skin of the stem off near the bottom. I dip it in cloning solution (I'm using "quick clone" made for aeroponic cloners), and I set it off to the side because usually I'm cloning a few at a time. So it does sit a few minutes with just the cloning solution on it to soak in before washing it into the cloner.

I have to say after buying a cloner Cranks in the hydro section's homemade fog cloner is the coolest one I've ever seen. I would love to build one. His roots look super impressive and he gets them probably over twice as fast as I do. The only reason I haven't built a fog cloner myself is I'm kinda wanting to upgrade to some cree cob lights ASAP and they're super spendy. My cloner is 100% successful and I have a huge veg backup because I can only fit 4 plants max in my bud side every 2 months and I have to put all kinds of plants on hold to wait to make their way in there. It tends to take about 10-14 days to have significant enough roots to transplant something.

crankz's corner

• Like Like x 2