Aerial Infrared

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dougieFRESSH, Dec 28, 2011.

1. how serious of a problem could this be for me in at attempting my first outdoor grow this spring, and getting caught?

I'm planning on growing 7 fem plants and another 5 autos.

I do live near a local airport in NY (small passanger planes) so it's not uncommon for me to see planes over head all the time.

Also, my grow spot is in a small shrubby field near the tree line to the woods.

2. Dude...who grows by an airport?

And if its outside? I'm pretty sure they only use infared to look INSIDE buildings for the heat that is given off by the lights, not to look at plants outside.

I could be wrong?

Not sure buddy...If planes are flying over 24/7 someone might spot your plant if its to tall...If its far away from the landing strip I think you would be good..

3. If I sound like a jackass in my txt I'm not trying to be haha =P I just kinda talk that way.

4. by living close, i mean within 15 miles. it's a small local airport, where almost all people who fly do it for a hobby.

it's not the local police i'm worried about, it's the state police. seeing as they're the only one with aerial equipment

5. aerial equiptment is not goign to catch those plants OUTSIDE. Maybe if you had them inside under like 2 1000w lights, but even then - even unlikely.

security is important to have, but theres a line between good security and paranoia. Your good to go my dude, you act like 3/5 of your neighbors arent doign the same thing, and you just dont know it.

6. nah dude it's not paranoia, there was a news story from September of someone very close getting busted outdoors with state police aerial helicopters is the only reason i brought it up.

7. using infrared to look "inside" buildings is illegal in the US. hopefully the coppers have better things to do than use illegal tactics in order to secure search warrants.... not that they do, just hoping :)

8. Then don't do it...if someone close got busted, then you just answered your own question...but like MaineCronic said 3/5 of your neighbors are already growing, probably in your spot!...

I got this friend who stayed with his grandfather in a farm, was all paranoid about growing one tree, afraid gramps might catch him, little did he know he grandpa had a full grow room in a shed away from the house...

Small World buddy!

Good luck!

9. You'll be good =) Maybe try to move inside?

Good luck :hippie: