Advise on trsnsplanting in flower

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DankRoller87, Jul 20, 2017.

1. My plant is NL -NIRVANA strain vegged for 21 days then flowered under 150 watt hps with 6 23 watt cfls . Only feeding tiger bloom 1/2 strength for 3 weeks . It's started to wilt on top and yellow pretty rapidly from top down a ways. It's got leaf clawing starting also. I don't believe it's over watering , I think it's root bound . It shows signs of over water right after watering , but pot dries out within a day and 2 days really light to pick up. Any suggestions on transplanting 15 days into flower ?

Attached Files:

2. Definately needs transplant.

Let the rootball get realatively dry (lighter rootball, less weight stress.)
    Simply put her on her side and roll the mass out by the main base trunk.

You caught it early and she will boumce back fine. Dont go crazy with nitrogen, the fresh soil will contain plenty for this stage of flower.

• Like Like x 1
  3. With it being 2 weeks into flower will the fresh soil effect the nitrogen levels and cause more clawing from toxicity ?

4. Nah it takes a while for the roots to even grow into the new soil... no need to transplant into anything huge maybe a couple gallons more tops... she'll stop focusing on roots come 2-3 weeks anyhow. They look nice

I personally wouldn't transplant but that's just me her stretch is done she's pretty much just focusing on bud now not roots (not much anyway) not leaves not growing branches ... I'd just flush the soil with 3x water real nice and lollipop and defoliate the bottom growth... but again that's just me.

Robs New Journal RQS SQ#1 Clones

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thanks man. Yeah I'm just going to go up to a 12 in pot . I figured the roots were probably almost done but I started to notice little white roots near my drain holes . This is why I want to transplant and because the yellowing on top. This is only my second grow so I appreciate any help.

• Like Like x 1
  6. My advice is don't do it it's too late the roots are basically finished growing it's going to focus on the flowers roots will grow some but not as much as in the early weeks of veg you'll stress it out in my opinion and I believe you should just feed some general hydro bloom 9ml, general hydro micro6ml, general hydro Cal mag+ 3ml, ebsom salt 1/5tsp all per gallon of water this will insure health of the plant use reverse osmosis water/ or distilled and feed, plain water, plain water and feed again tell the end of flower this is a lucus formula and is proven to be a heavy yeilding formula there more dosage from beginning to end but your at the end anyways

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks for taking the time to respond to a new grower. So you think that if I leave it in their pot that it will still be alright. I can see the roots at my drain holes . Plus it seems really droopy right after I water and it doesn't seem to perk up until lights have been out for the 12 hours. Temps stay around 78 with lights on and go down to about 66 when off .

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yes it will be fine you just need to feed it properly in flower to get the high quality I believe I sent you a lucus formula that's highly recommend but it's completely up to you I'm not the one doing it this is all my opinion I would never transplant in flower to high of a risk for stress low yeilds and it's not worth the risk in my opinion

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks man it's greatly appreciated . I'll leave her there and see how she does. I'm only expecting maybe an ounce from so anything more would be a plus. Now I know to RE pot before flowing it. It grew too much in the last 3 weeks . Kinda wasn't expecting it to.

• Like Like x 1
  10. She'll strech and fill out as much as you make her if you feed lucus formula I would start at 1/2 strength and work up to full strength just food for thought

• Like Like x 1
  11. #11 generic98547, Jul 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    Hey those plants could surprise you haha... I'll post a pic of a plant when I flipped it and what it ended up giving me in a minute

Here it is at flip I had topped it and transplanted it the same day
    [​IMG]

Here it is a few months later (this pic was the oldest I had I didn't take one before harvest oops)[​IMG] while it may not look like much that was 50 grams I was only hoping for 15-20 grams... the two big buds were 10 grams a piece the two below those were 7-8G a piece and I had a decent bit of popcorn nugs underneath that were around 3/4 a gram each that can't be seen well

• Like Like x 1
  12. Damn man she looks nice . I hope I get as good as a return as you got . I would be one happy stoner to pull 2 oz off this plant . I think that since I vegged under hps I got too much stretch and my nodes aren't super tight , it will probably be a weak yield . But fingers crossed on 2 oz lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lollipop them that's what I did to that plant. I cut all the branches from the underside off so they wouldn't steal the energy from my tops... that's why my tops got to 10 grams each haha. But that plant spent the first two months of flower under 3CFLs and the sidelight of the LED. The last month I gave it LED as my main plant didn't take nearly as long to flower. All in all off of 3CFL and a 135w led (mars hydro 300) I got a QP well a few grams shy but just a few. This grow I'm using two of the LEDS one per plant and they are kicking ass especially since I upgraded to a tent haha. But anyhow definitely cut off any small branches that aren't going to make it to the canopy. You can clone them if you want that away you don't have to start over from seed next time.

14. Yeah I have trimmed a few but need to trim some more lower shit that isn't going to produce. My last /first grow was with only cfl also . I vegged 3 weeks and flowered under 6 23 watt cfl I only added 150 watt hps for the last 3 days then I had to chop her about a month early due to some bullshit circumstances. I ended up with 37 dry grams on an unknown bag seed . Hope with my new setup to have even better results ...

Attached Files:

15. Looked really nice and healthy. The HPS will make a worlds difference though cfl can only make the buds so dense.

• Like Like x 1
  16. App double posted

17. Yeah for sure . But the cfls made those buds dense only down fall they were still mostly white pistils and the Trics were clear. But yeah I'm anxious to see the difference from cfl to hps .

• Like Like x 1