Advices wanted on improving my extraction methods

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by HemperorSelassie, Oct 30, 2022.

1. I only use metal dishes now as I lost 15 grams of hash when the glass dish exploded so I avoid glass at any stage.

BNW

2. Well, after a long phone call I could not convince her on anything other then the "regular" and I think it's because she connects it to the only CBD product available for a long time in Iceland was similar texture...

I ended up experimenting with the 5 grams while I was making the other oil. I did all the steps except used a lot more MCT than recommended, could not grind to fine powder and I filtered it through nylon pantyhose and ended up with 22ml of oil measuring at 78mg/ml and if she's liking it I will let her know this is exactly the same as I was trying to convince her with the capsules

Took the 3 last grams (I always overweigh 10% in my recipes) and that's in coconut oil and lecithin in the freezer and then I'll make a little chocolate

Should I use the whole herb method for chocolate? I have no way of grinding to dust ‍

3. Mortar and pestle?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. [​IMG]

BNW

5. [​IMG]

This is a pinky fingernail of bud.
    1/3 of a gram.
    50 milligrams of THC.
    Five 10mg servings.

Straining can cost you 25% or more of your stone value.
    Coconut oil is a high saturated Fat and we should use as small a serving as we can. This is why we use a whole herb recipe with minimum oil and an unstrained Mud like consistency. A rice grain sized blob may still be way to much.

If your ground buds are to large in particle to work with an standard eyedropper a small knife, spoon or other utensil can be used to fill capsules with. Infant food dispensing eyedroppers and syringes may work as can a trimmed pipette.

Your going to find most people will need less then a 1/10 of a gram of bud in edible to get lit.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  6. I decided not to go more on this thread since I wasn't even following your instructions but I've come up with something that is "acceptable" for the moment but I finally got my capsules so I'm working on the whole herb now as best I can.

I used just fingers after using electronic grinder to push it through a sifter by rubbing. Thinking I should look into some coffee grinders I've heard for large quantity grinding.
    Now I'm just melting the coconut oil to add to it.

I thought I would have to heat at 220F for a whole hour so it's only 20 minutes and then freezer overnight or so?

And thank you for all your patience. I just thought I shouldn't check out the replies until I'd gotten the capsules and would be actually using what you are teaching me

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Yeah I thought of that but thought I'd try the same kind of just a steel strainer instead of the bowl. Worked fine but we'll see tomorrow when it's ready if that's enough

• Like Like x 1
  8. As long as it passes through the pipette you’re good.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Looks like I'm gonna be using syringes to fill and do it by weight. I've got a good AWS .001 scale I could use and this is just a test run.

Was also thinking, I have a few hundred grams of anhydrous silica gel and also some anhydrous magnesium sulfate as well. Could I use that the same way as I dry shrooms or would it pull something important out as well other than hydrogen? Drying it after decarboxylation I mean

10. An uncovered 40 minute decarb at 240 F will leave everything stone dry with no real need for anything additional I can see. They won't melt the capsules and that is the only possible fail point in the process.

I tried syringes early on and failed badly. They don't move until they do then it is way to much and all over your fingers.
    Keep the goo as hot as your fingers and the capsules can stand and stir between every eyedropper draw. It wants to settle and you have to work to keep it all in suspension.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  11. An uncovered decarb is something I can't do :( only in a jar and even just working with it is risky in an apartment building with bad ventilation. I'm good at figuring things out on my own and it's gotten me far when I needed it but that means making too many mistakes which I'd rather not make.

I may also not understand everything you're telling me or misunderstanding something. That's my specialty, and being inappropriate

It's in the freezer now and tomorrow I'll do the oven for 2 hours at 105°C tomorrow but I'm gonna go to the pharmacy and see if they might have some wide droppers. I just need to THC test it first to know how much I'm putting in each capsule. Then I need a guinea pig

12. Ahhhh Apartment living. Got it. It should still be OK to fill capsules with as part of the moisture will remain on the glass walls of the jar.

If you have a glass shop in town most have a diamond wheel and they may be able to grind off the tip of a standard eyedropper some enlarging the tip hole. Take 2 or 3 and have different sizes done if possible.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  13. I actually have a couple of small diamond wheels for my Dremel from my PC modding days, just have to find it :D
    I'm going to the pharmacy today and see what they got for me.

I was trying to find it in your posts in the thread where you said, if I remember correctly, something about scooping it into the capsules? Or maybe I'm confusing it with something else.

14. Found the Dremel and diamond bits and just oiled the hole a bit. Would this be enough?

Attached Files:

15. If to thick then yes a small flat blade screwdriver or coke spoon can be used.

It mostly depends on how fine you were able to grind to dust. It only takes a few large particles to clog the eyedropper bore.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  16. I ended up using the same tools I use for doing psilocybin capsules as it was not ground well enough and was too thick. I just put 250mg in each capsule.

The decarbed flower when 200mg is mixed with 10ml ISO, it tests out 1.6mg/ml but I can't for the life of me calculate it.
    [​IMG]

17. Direct oil done with Bud dust works out to 1 to 1.
    1 mg of THC per drop of finished goo.

My RSO (Tincture to Tar + Coconut oil) is more in the range of my Hash Capsules
    3 mg of THC per drop of finished oil.

A single zero capsule holds about 25 drops of whatever.
    1/2 capsule 12 drops thereabouts.

You could have anything from a 12mg capsule up to say 36mg of THC.
    Try one :) LOL

Your evaporating or cooking off all traces of ISO before ingesting the oil?

BNW

18. Already tried 3 but I have 3 guinea pigs that are not using as much daily as I am.

I've not done RSO except once with slower evaporation for a few months but yeah I'm very strict on contaminations but I have no tools to prove it :(