Advice....

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jblack012, Nov 30, 2016.

1. I have a 2×2 4ft grow tent. With 150 hips over 3 skunk plants. What would I have to do to get maximum yield. On a short budget.

2. Start reading about LST and Scrog, check out different methods that can really maximize your yield. In a small space like that i wouldnt of done 3 plAnts but thats me...
    obviously top them so they stay short.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. One plant would probably be better...maybe 2...you could run out of room easily.

• Like Like x 1
  4. And definitely this too

5. In that space i would of done one plant under scrog. I have a 4x4 screen and have two plants under. Instead of havig small plants that cant get enough light because its over crowded, you can have a massive plant!
    Its not because you have 3 that youll have a bigger harvest. Sometimes it better to grow less but grow them big and well.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks for the advice..... So what's the maximum do u think I will yield. Looking for 16 oz. Or at least close to

7. You will be lucky to get 3 or 4 ounces. 2 oz is my guess, not sure how you think you're going to get anywhere close to 16 lol...

8. Why do I say so only 2 or 3

9. What can I do to get a pound plant. Or even a half pd

10. Your light isn't strong enough to flower one plant well let alone 3 and you just don't have the space for 3. Upgrade to a 600watt HID or even a 1000 and either get a bigger space or just focus on one plant and get a nice yield.

11. With a 2x2 tent and 150W HPS? Not happening. You're going to need to step up to a much bigger light and much more space.

12. I think your goal of 16oz is a bit much, but if you were to invest more in lights, nutrients, and obviously methods that help tremendously, then you would Approach your goal. 16oz in a 2x2 tent can be tricky, not as much space for scrog and to train them.
    A lot of respect to those who do it, i use a lot more space and would hate to go smaller.
    If you get around 2oz per plant right now, that would be good imo.
    I never regretted investing, it was always worth it!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. So Does that have to do with the genetics of the seed. Im growing super skunk. Its suppose to b a high yielding seed.

14. What would b the best way to grow a 1lb. What size grow tent, lights, nutes, food. The whole nine yards. Im wanna get this down to a science. Im indoor growing and don't have alot of space. That's why im using the 2×2×4ft. Could I b possible if I used another grow tent and gave them more room

15. I mean that's why im asking. Im trying to learn.

16. Depends on how much you want to invest.
    Depends a lot on the space too. If you get a 1000w hps, you need space and ventilation or else itll get way too hot.
    If you want to grow in a tent, id go with a 4x4, 600w hps, get two small fans and the whole exhaust system... and nutes you can just use like the flora or what ever...
    i understand you want to grow big plants with big yields, but to do so, you need to read and do your homework. Even with the best equipment, you gotta know what your doing...

17. if you want to learn the sticky threads are a great place to start. alot of reading but great info

• Like Like x 1
  18. So I want grow anything using the light I have now. Even if I was growing 1 or 2 plants in my 2××

19. Before you go spending a bunch of money on the size setup you'd need to get that kind of pull you should do a ton more reading around the forum; sticky's, grow journals etc. Learn what you're doing. See what others have done, both to succeed and fail.

With that size space three is fine if they're kept small and possibly scrog'd which will help a bunch with that light. More plants = less veg time. Look around the forums for others using a 150w light and try to emulate a successful grow that you see here. Once you can take a few start to finish and have learned to read your plants then you can think about growing bigger. Crawl, walk, run.

20. What you're hoping for isn't realistic with your setup. Most growers strive to get 1g per watt. I grow 8 plants in 15 gal pots in a 4x8..yeild is about 3lbs...sounds impressive but, that only 6oz per plant under 2000w hps. I'm only around .75g per watt. That being said, you'd have to pull 3g per watt to yeild a lb. Realistically, if you're setup performs equally to mine, you're looking at 4oz. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1