Advice

Discussion in 'General' started by Connord9, Aug 16, 2016.

1. how do i tell my parents i smoke pot (if i even should at all)? My mom is super suspicious and idk if I should keep lying cause she's eventually just gonna drug test me and ill be fucked. My mom smokes cigs so i can use that against her, all of my relatives smoked pot, theyve told me, and my great aunt grows medical marijuana and sells it to the government, so i think i can get off fine. My grades are good and my work is as good as ever so i think im fine.

2. I'd probably suggest you just approach her and come clean. If you get caught, you'll probably have trouble convincing her it's right. Why would you hide it if you thought it was right, would be her logic.

Just approach her and hit her with all the facts right away. "Mom, I smoke cannabis from time to time. I feel I should tell you. My grades aren't suffering, I feel much more relaxed. If you don't like this, I'd like to openly discuss it."

If you're going to hide it- I don't know your mom. She might be unreasonable and not accept any of that. But if you're going to hide it, come up with something else to tell her to kill her suspicion. Tell her you've been stripping at a club on men-only nights, for example. Her suspicions will be so depleted from what you tell her, she'll not sniff around so much.

3. I think it's safe to assume he's not actually 24 and just picked a random age (probably over his).

• Like Like x 1
  4. EDUCATE YOURSELF! :yay: Telling mom "pot is good and cures stuff" isn't going to make it! :cool:

You need to be able to tell her things like cannabis lowers the mortality rate in head traumas. As a young person, you likely play sports or engage in other "risky" behavior that increases the likelihood of sustaining a head injury.

Effect of Marijuana Use on Outcomes in Traumatic Brain Injury. (abst – 2014) Effect of marijuana use on outcomes in traumatic brain injury. - PubMed - NCBI

“Overall mortality was 9.9 per cent, however, mortality in the THC(+) group (2.4%) was significantly decreased compared with the THC(-) group (11.5%)”

THC also protects against Alzheimer's-

Cannabinoids remove plaque-forming Alzheimer's proteins from brain cells (news – 2016)
    http://medicalxpress.com/news/2016-06-cannabinoids-plaque-forming-alzheimer-proteins-brain.html

Is cannabis going to hurt you over-all health? Not unless you neglect your oral hygiene! :D

Study says long-term pot use causes poor gum health – but not much else (news – 2016)

Study says long-term pot use causes poor gum health – but not much else

Will cannabis lead you into hard drug addiction?

Marijuana Is Not, Repeat Not, a Gateway Drug (news – 2015)
    Marijuana Is Not, Repeat Not, a Gateway Drug

Is marijuana a gateway drug? Here's what the research says. (news – 2016) Is marijuana a gateway drug? Here's what the research says.

And this article, aimed at parents, was written by an EX-drug counselor!

Don’t send your kid to treatment (news - repost of 2008 article )
    Drug WarRant

To be honest, your mom has no reason to believe anything you say about cannabis. But, if you are able to back up what you say with studies and articles from reputable sources, she is far more likely to listen to you!

Would you like a free copy of my "Granny Storm Crow's List" that all those articles are from? My List is free for anyone who asks for it.

If you had a bunch of posts, I'd tell you to just PM me you email address and I'd send it to you. However, since you are fairly new and may not have the post count needed to use the PM service, you'll have to email me directly at stormcrow(a in a circle)greenpassion.org . (Don't forget to change the (a in a circle) to an @! :smoking:)

Good luck with your mom!

Granny

5. Don't tell her.

Never admit to guilt if the only evidence they will have is your word...Rest in piece, Johnnie Cochran.:coolalt: