Advice would be nice!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Flclpunk86, Feb 14, 2012.

1. I just got done with the design of a new room and got a hold of all the wood, drywall and paint I'm going to need.
    My design consists of two 5'x8' rooms as high as 7feet. Planning on constructing a stadium in each room( 3 shelves on each side moving towards the middle as they go down)
    The only problem I see is the lighting. I have everything except the lights I'm going to need.

Could someone advise me on what wattage lights I should use for both my flowering and veggin room? Also where would i purchase these in person? I will not be using a reflector because I'm painting the whole room white to begin with. Lastly,
    Vent is not a problem I have many fans laying around.
    Thanks for your time!

2. Building this Wednesday. Should be a day or two of work since I have some helpers.

Will be posting a thread.

3. Bumpity bump bump!!

4. I personally would go with some 600 watt MH for veg. and HPS for flowering. That should give you enough coverage for your square footage. I'm not sure where you would purchase them in person except to say you would have to go to a hydroponics store or maybe your local gardening store. I'm sure living in Cali you got one within a stone's throw of your home.

I personally use a bunch of CFLs but I'm in a couple of boxes, your welcome to come check it out.

5. Haha HE'LL YEAH! I was thinking the Sam thig but wasn't sure if someone was going to come along and tell me 1k watts are a must. I mean I wouldn't mind but I don't think they're going to dramatically change my yield. Do you?

Thanks man. And tbh I do have one within walking minutes. Hahahaha good guess!

6. By pity bump

7. Bump
    Yegyrg

8. Got family out there they say their a dime a dozen. Yeah 1000 watt would be over kill I think.

9. 1000 w would be over kill in 3x3x6 ... It is good for 4x4 or 5x5 . In your size it would be just perfect as long as you can control the heat .

10. Alright! Thanks for the info! Glad I got some input on this ill be greatly considering a 1000w Hps and mh